Johnny Depp

Bodyguards Accused of

Tackling Disabled Woman

12/4/2011 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1202_johnny_depp_ex
Johnny Depp's hired muscle put a handicapped woman in the hospital Thursday night -- this according to a police report filed by the woman in question.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... 52-year-old Robin Eckert filed the report claiming she was celebrating her husband's birthday at the Iggy Pop concert in L.A. -- treating him to $600-a-pop seats at the Palladium ... and Johnny was seated right beside her, surrounded by bodyguards.

Eckert claims she was having a blast, dancing her face off ... when she accidentally strayed a little too close to Johnny's table.

According to Eckert, Depp's bodyguards pounced on her out of nowhere -- grabbing her wrists and wrestling her to the ground. Soon as she regained composure, Eckert says she left and got herself checked out at the hospital.

Eckert's assistant tells TMZ, Robin and her party had been drinking during the evening. Law enforcement sources tell us, Robin appeared wasted when she made the report.

Attempts to reach Depp's people were unsuccessful.

1205_guess_celebrity_bodyguard_footer

neosxy

Johnny Depp is Jesus Christ returned. Haven't you heard? Everyone lets him do what he wants when he wants. He could insult victims of child abuse and get by with it. Oh wait he already did that. He can insult americans and they still love him. It is all about having control and power over the people. He is a good example to children in the world. That they dont need to graduate from school to make it in this world. They can smoke and drink and still look good. They can now even have body guards shove others to the floor when they get to close to his godly Christ like image.

Kelly

man I didn't know the disabled had it so good, pricy concerts, drinkin, dancin and all plus collecting a disability check.
Makes working for living seem rather foolish.

She's baaaack

I don't get drunk too often but when I get drunk I am definitely handicapped. Somehow I doubt that a bunch of big burley men jumped on her like she was going for a touchdown at the SuperBowl, you know what I mean?

bunny

People like her do the same at pot smoking clubs. I understand trying to get her away from Johnny but wrestling her to the ground? That could have further aggravated her disability and cause a lawsuit. They didn't have to go that far. Just ask her to stay out of the area because they are guarding an important client.

Walter

Is this even legal? I know if I were to assault someone for "getting too close" to me, I'd be sent straight to jail. I guess that's why you need hired thugs to do your dirty work for you...

oldgeez

"Ecker's assistant tells TMZ, Robyn and her party had been drinking during the evening. "

Probably should say "Ecker's FORMER assistant tells TMZ...."

Little_Leota

is being stupidly drunk considered disabled nowadays????

Katie

I'm wondering in what way this woman is "handicapped" if she was, as law enforcement described her, "wasted" and she herself says she was "dancing her face off".

Jillian

Hey Depp.....I wish you would get rid of that foo man chu homeless look. It's very dated. You're a good looking guy, let us see your face.

Raejean

She's handicapped but drunk and dancing all over and straying into another patron's space?

What exactly is her handicap?

campy

What's next? Johnny's people beating up kids in wheelchairs at the Make a Wish foundation?

themillieblog

I agree, something seems off about her story

dbone

Come-on, professionals would never do anything, to illicit a possible lawsuit. I think this story is written to seek opinions from Humans, around the Country!

Jeremylingedin

Johnny you looks so dashing with this specs, i wanna appreciate you for "The Pirates of the Caribean".

richard

the reality is no one was there to know what happened. if what she says is true than she is right and the bodyguards are wrong. we are so enamored w/celebrity that we rush to judgement in defense even of not a celebrity but several 'bodyguards', who quite possibly used excessive force, which would not be so rare in fact. i'll wait to hear the facts before drawing a conclusion. straying too close to someone's table is not sufficient grounds for physical contact,esp. if it is a woman dancing, posing no threat. if true she should in fact sue.depp is an actor, a good one, but you know i don't know him, nor worship him. he is just a person. bodyguards i could not give a s___ about.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments