« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gene Simmons

BLASTS Madonna --

'Not Appropriate' for Super Bowl

12/7/2011 6:28 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1_ocboapho_1_hzqd4vds
Madonna has no business performing at the Super Bowl ... this according to legendary KISS frontman Gene Simmons, who thinks the game would be better off with a "real band."

Simmons was leaving Boa in Hollywood last night when we asked how he felt about Madge headlining the Super Bowl halftime show -- to which Gene sarcastically replied, "I love all karaoke singers, I love all the girl singers who get up and sing with tapes ... shame on you!"

Gene added, "By the way, Madonna's terrific ... I hate the tapes."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Greg

Well, when you're right, you're right.

Kat

Having been to a number of Madonna concerts, I know that she doesn't use "tapes" when performing live.

She puts on a great performance. While I love The Who, her show will be a lot better to see than the flop they performed. She is a step up from BEP too.

hihat

What does Simmons mean by a "real band"? A bunch of no-talent wheezers like Kiss wearing makeup and stupid costumes?

3Storms

And Gene Simmons the king of man-sluts who brags about having screwed THOUSANDS of women and is a shameless money whore is a good role model?

mamajj

When I heard Madonna was singing at the SB I said out loud, WTF??? MADONNA???? She has no business at the SB. I am sure all those hard core east coast fans DON'T listen to Madonna. I really don't see those guys w/the painted letters on their chests in a snow storm poppin in "like a prayer" I agree w/mighty mad. AC/DC is a great idea or how about Metallica? Anyway I know what I'll be doing during halftime, cleaning the kitchen.

karlew

Why is it all old rock stars turn into cantakerous old biddies?

Sheryl

Who the hell hired this no talent hack for the superbowl? The last 10 years of superbowl entertainment have sucked out loud. It's time to find a new employee. Or is he the dame dude that plays the same five/six songs over and over for every game?!

disinter

Kiss: Rock n' roll's first boy band.

karen dapello

@Mightymad: It's LEMMY....not LENNY.

Nikki

And kiss is better then madonna I DON'T THINK SO. WHAT JELOUSE MUCH GENE

Jay

I love how 90% of the negative comments are from woman - as if you hens actually watch the game. And Gene... I've been to several Madonna concerts and there are NO LIP SYNCING! U friggin uninformed, washed up, pubic hair headed, no talent to have a hit on your own, jealous *******. KISS will play halftime when hell freezes over.

Eric

I have to agree with Gene here. Football fans don't want to hear a bunch of pop music and lip syncing. Bring in a real band or just ax the halftime show completely they've sucked lately anyways.

Jr

sit down grandpa.
shhhhh.

Angela

I wont be watching the half time show..........please put KISS up there yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanne

Gene Simmons is so jealous and idiot to