Duggar Family

Snaps Pic of Miscarried Baby

12/15/2011 3:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0221_media_removed-1
The family from TLC's "19 Kids & Counting" chose a unique way to commemorate the life of their 20th child, who passed away this week in a miscarriage -- they took an artsy picture of the fetal corpse ... and distributed it at the memorial.

Jubilee Shalom Duggar was due in April ... but Michelle Duggar suffered a miscarriage on Sunday in her 2nd trimester.

The Duggars held a memorial today at their church in Arkansas, where they distributed the above photographs -- containing messages like, "There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world."

The photos were first posted on Twitter by a family member -- and then surfaced on a fan site.

We reached out to the family for comment -- so far, no word back.

tellmeaboutit

Is there nothing private or sacred with these repulsive people????

tgrfan42069

funny people blast kate for having her kids on tv.yet this family makes their kids raise their bros and sisters while the mom and dad goes over seas and so forth.they dont allow their kids to watch tv.but have a tv show.kinda hypocritical if you ask me.

Jillian

I think this is sick. Stop BREEDING. Enough already. Who pays for all these kids. That's what I want to know. Who's going to pay for their education?

jeannie

I don't have a problem with the Duggars taking personal pictures..I don't understand why they would hand them out to anybody outside the family. It served no purpose for millions of people to see them.

Sauce

Every family handles a miscarriage or death in a different way. I may not agree with the duggars but you are doing TMZ, exploiting their misery, is disgusting. Let the family grieve.

marli

There is nothing disgusting about this photo. I think it was done tactfully. For those of you who have never lost a child in the second trimester...DO NOT JUDGE. I have lost a baby at 20 weeks and held her and love her. I think most people would be amazed at the fact that at 20 weeks it is and wholly looks like a baby! Let them grieve!!!

DirtySouth

"There is no right or wrong way to grieve and deal with loss...."
---------------------------------
Jennyy,

I get your point but can only agree with you to an extent. Everyone has their own unique way to grieve; however, if it involves making photos of the dead baby public when people don't really care to see them, I think the grieving parents are making it more about them than the baby, which is selfish. How many real celebrities have had miscarriages? How many of them have shared photos of their dead babies or any ceremony involving them? When the parents first announced their pregnancy, they were doing it for publicity. Who cared? Their only claim to fame is they have 19 kids. There are other people in the US who have large families. So, big deal. Now they are on the publicity train and showing photos of a deceased child.

Freda_67

I'm sorry for their loss. I couldn't look at the pictures. At first I was shocked they took pictures, then it dawned on me they have (had?) a reality show. Oh, the drama!

kaz

gross...

janet

Are they trying to start thier own country. 19 kids. Lucky for them the tv show gives them money which hey have no problem taking.

She's been what pregnant for over 30 years no wonder why.

KnuckleDragger

Well, heck...they'll just have to raise THE OTHER NINETEEN CHILDREN. These poor kids got sisters and brothers old enough to be their parents. This is a 'puppy mill'!

Ginger

True, grieving is a private thing but showing pictures of a miscarried baby - that's just wrong. Even showing the picture among family might be sort of okay but to make it national? I think these parents have some serious mental issues. Really.

eivissa

I absolutely refuse to look at those pictures.

Keep it to yourself Mrs. Duggar.

You are mentally ill.

You need serious help.

firebaby

yes people grieve in different ways, but c'mon people, it's not like if the duggars sent these pics to gossip sites and such... they distributed it during the memorial service. that's all the duggars did... *other* people posted them on facebook and fansites...

so no, i don't think they are "attention whores" for the fact that their baby's photo got leaked.... do i think its weird? personally yes i do... but to each his own i guess....

snowboardchick

I don't understand why people have to be so nasty. none of you have any right to judge them. my sister had a stillbirth at 8 months. They took pictures as well. It was a traumatic time and even a year later she still isn't right in the head. They have other kids. It doesnt matter if they have 1 other kid or 20, they are grieving and I think the pictures are beautiful.