Duggar Family

Snaps Pic of Miscarried Baby

12/15/2011 3:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0221_media_removed-1
The family from TLC's "19 Kids & Counting" chose a unique way to commemorate the life of their 20th child, who passed away this week in a miscarriage -- they took an artsy picture of the fetal corpse ... and distributed it at the memorial.

Jubilee Shalom Duggar was due in April ... but Michelle Duggar suffered a miscarriage on Sunday in her 2nd trimester.

The Duggars held a memorial today at their church in Arkansas, where they distributed the above photographs -- containing messages like, "There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world."

The photos were first posted on Twitter by a family member -- and then surfaced on a fan site.

We reached out to the family for comment -- so far, no word back.

Bek

The only reason these pictures bother anyone is because the world doesn't want to see precious little human fingers and toes. That would make them feel bad when they choose to kill the "fetus" . As long as you don't see that it is an actual human life you can go on believing it is your right to choose death.
There is nothing at all wrong with taking pictures Of your child, at any age. These are the only tangible memories this family will have of precious Jubilee. I am so grateful for the pictures we have of our sweet baby, lost at 19 weeks.

fernanda

okey each family griefs different, but this, is disturbing.

Lisa

A lot of times the hospitals will have photo sessions for a deceased baby to help the family. My friends cousin just gave birth to a full term still born and the hospital dressed the baby and did a full photo session as if the child were alive. It's not entirely uncommon for these kind of photos to be taken. In some states it is required by law to have a funeral for a baby that has died in-utero if the fetus is 20 weeks or older.

thinker

alot of you have been saying "take this down" ... and on a small level i agree .. but there is a but.. why is this any different from posting pictures of dead, very bad people.. there really isn't when you think about it.. the horrible part about this is we knew this was a child .. a living child at one point.. so then we think... why is abortion still ok.. now I am not on any side .. but with all the comments of "take this down" how disgusting .. truly what is the difference to this or Saddam Hussein dead less body.... I'm just saying .. when you can see a child so helpless and lifeless right in front of your face that's when it becomes .. Oh my god this is horrible take it down.. it really makes you think and wonder .. when does life really start ..

parkerra

These people disgust me. To have the pics of the hands and feet IF they had kept them private is one thing. Posing at the memorial all smiling as if they are having a great time is beyond disgusting. I know everyone is entitled to their own way to grieve. I find it impossible to believe that they require media attention and a photo album that conveniently makes its way online to properly grieve the loss of their child. It's glaringly obvious they care more about the attention than the morality of what they're doing. Also, I want to make it clear that there is no possible way these people are devoting the personal time and attention to each and every one of these children. It's obvious the children are raising the children. No way they could possibly have the time to have the amount of sex required to crank out babies like assembly line.

EricsGirl

I may not agree with all their choices, and wouldn't likely choose that life for myself. But I'm tired of everyone acting sooooo shocked and appalled by everything. They seem like genuine people, and in an age where unborn children are treated as completely disposable when unwanted, I find their acknowledgment of this little life refreshing. The service was likely meant for close family/friends and I doubt they intended these pictures for public consumption. Someone at the service leaked them. I bet many of you crying foul here about the "exploitation" of this have no problem with abortion. Which exploits life more? Hmmmmmm?

sue

None of you have any idea how much it hurts to lose a baby..... I too have photos of all my children, even my daughter who passed away. They gave this photo to friends and family who then exploited it... take it down, tmz posting it is in horrible taste. let them memorialize a very real, very wanted baby, a part of their now incomplete family... rip baby duggar

Krs1co

I have written 3 different comments to try and express my anger and horror and disappointment in this, but I have deleted all of them because none of them can accurately express how pissed off and angry I am at their actions. They already have so many children that they make the siblings take care of each other (because obviously the parents can not do it alone). Someone should tell them that God is not giving out a prize for the couple who can have as many children as possible, no matter what the consequences...

Alan Carver

I was innocently eating my zesty lemon chicken breast with herb & butter rice, came across this piece and threw-up a little in my mouth! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? I mean I understand the whole Arkansas thing - that I get, but NO ONE - I MEAN NO ONE wants to see photos of your dead baby girl! Period! These people give a totally new meaning to the words 'hoarder' and 'backwoods-hicks'! Seriously DISGUSTING and in very POOR BAD TASTE, but what do you expect from these whack-jobs!

K

Geez

seriously

I could not resist commenting on this one - obviously none of you people have known anyone that has lost a child before it was born. Holding the baby, dressing the baby, and taking pictures is actually very common and often recommended by the hospital as part of the grieving process.

Rich

With all due respect, it is time this family realizes that the female body is not designed for this many pregnancies. Rejoice in all your children and terminate continual pregnancies

ALO

I do not find anything disturbing about these photos. I think they are very tastefully done. My daughter passed away after a two week battle to beat her birth defects..and I have very similar photos that we displayed at her funeral. Granted, that my Daughter was just a few weeks shy of full term.. I do not find her photos horrible.. or unbelievable. I have seen far worse photos in my support group. They are grieving just as any family would.. They didn't release the photos to make money off their child's death ..I think that is a very ugly and ignorant comment/allegation.

Rachel

Funeral for a miscarrage??! WTH! and having pictures taken!! Stupid people need to stop BREEDING! Maybe next time she'll die and we won't have to hear about the brood mare anymore!

t jam

THAT FAMILY NEEDS MENTAL HELP !!! THE GOVT SHOULD NOT GIVE THEM ONE SINGLE PENNY ,, THE FATHER SHOULD BE SNIPPED AND THE MOTHER SHOULD BE FIXED TO ,ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ,, THIS PICTURE MIGHT BEE A HINT !!! DISCUSTING