Duggar Family

Snaps Pic of Miscarried Baby

12/15/2011 3:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0221_media_removed-1
The family from TLC's "19 Kids & Counting" chose a unique way to commemorate the life of their 20th child, who passed away this week in a miscarriage -- they took an artsy picture of the fetal corpse ... and distributed it at the memorial.

Jubilee Shalom Duggar was due in April ... but Michelle Duggar suffered a miscarriage on Sunday in her 2nd trimester.

The Duggars held a memorial today at their church in Arkansas, where they distributed the above photographs -- containing messages like, "There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world."

The photos were first posted on Twitter by a family member -- and then surfaced on a fan site.

We reached out to the family for comment -- so far, no word back.

Ashley

This is actually a pretty common thing to do for still births. There is an volunteer organization (http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/) that specializes in bereavement photography for families facing the loss of a child. I suggest you educate yourselves on the topic before your judge. Hospitals contact the organization for families who wish to receive this service.

yomama

law of averages says a couple of these kids are gonna be pitching for the "wrong" team. That ought to be fun! And this is freakish, this spectacle they've made.

Nick

Disgusting! The whole family are wackos! All the women should have their tubes tied. What an absolute disgusting display of greed. The parents are hoarders! Children hoarders!

esq777

This is grotesque. Putting it on Twitter? Unbelievable. Doesn't get much lower than this. What degenerates. Somebody has to stop the madness of these ridiculous reality shows.

congrats!!!! THIS IS THE FIRST FETUS EVER TO BE EXPLOITED. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE KARDASHAIN BUT I WAS WRONG

george fudge!

It's time good old Jim Bob had his weiner 'bobbed'.

Kelly P.

I always pull up TMZ for my entertainment fix. After these photos where posted here, I will NEVER visit this website again...PROMISE!

michelle

I cannot beleive they would allow this to be viewed. It is so worng. If they wanted to do this for themselves ok. Not for the rest of the world to see. They went to far this time. Michelle take the hint from GOD. Enough is enough. If you want more ADOPT. There are thousands of children that do not have a home. I sure they would love to have parent's like you and your husband. And TMZ take the photo down.

bob

I get kind of a chuckle that those that feel a fetus is not a person should somehow be the most upset.

Linda

WHY DID I LOOK AT THIS???????????????????? WHY? This is WRONG!!! I will be up all night now! X(&(^(^*^ BAD BAD BAD! Jesus what did they do? Handle the CORPSE and TAKE PHOTOS?????????????? and the POST THEM????????????????? Im traumatized. BAD - I'm upset. This is bad very bad. Worse than anything on TMZ

toni

Coming from someone who has lost 3 babies, there is nothing wrong with the photos. My hospital offered them free of charge when I lost my baby at 19 weeks and I am thankful to have them.

John

Sick.

Suz

Really?

you know it

Wow! I'm so shocked they did this. This is not normal. This is very disturbing I might add. if they truly are religious people then they should know that there is no soul in that little body. Are they Mormon? if they are then that explains a lot.

ike4nsync

Everyone thinks this is horrible yet they are all for the right of someone to purposely abort a baby at that stage. This is what they are "getting rid of". Maybe if more women had to look at this, they might think twice about ending a pregnancy.