Lindsay Lohan

How She Turned it Around

12/14/2011 8:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1214_lilo_chapman_EX_01
Lindsay Lohan will experience something new in court this AM ... a friendly judge who heaps praise on her, and it's all because her lawyer figured out something that was lacking in her life.

Lindsay will appear before Judge Stephanie Sautner at 10 AM PT for a progress report.  She's on probation for pilfering a necklace at an L.A. jewelry store.

Judge Sautner tried something new ... rather than just telling Lindsay to complete her community service in a year -- or else -- the judge created a very specific schedule, putting in a certain number of hours each month.  And Lindsay has not only complied, she's gone beyond the minimum.  Sources tell us ... Lindsay logged the requisite number of hours of community service and morgue duty, and she's actually put in more therapy time than required.

And sources tell us ... her supervisor at the morgue is blown away, calling her work "stellar," and saying she's "a delight to work with and hard working."

The reason for Lindsay's turnaround -- her lawyer, Shawn Holley, who went to the judge before Lindsay's sentencing and argued that her client needed a rigid structure -- something her own parents never provided.

Score one for the lawyer.

Blood Red Witch

Court Room chat is now open! All are welcome!

Come into the main floor and play.

Cheryl A.

If this is the case she needs watching 24/7. I hope Judge Sautner doesn't believe that this tiny, tiny amount of time that she "behaved herself" means that she is cured.

straycat

LLFAN: 17 minutes ago
Also its funny you call her doing good propaganda when people tend to buy every report that she has done something wrong leading up to a hearing.
---------------------------------
there usually is..let me take you back to 2007 ok we are still on the same probation as then..my DUI probation lasted 6 months.

Reed

She's 25 and has to be taken care of by her lawyer and we are supposed to be impressed by her doing what she is supposed to do in the first place. Why the Ellen Show wanted her on it is beyond me but Lohan couldn't even manage to get there for that appearance, she can't seem to do anything on her own unless she's threatened with jail except party. Sad, but if I had a crew waiting around costing money on someone like her, I would never hire her for anything. Time to quit blaming the parents upbringing and take responsibility for your own actions and stop with all the silly fake drama.

Blood Red Witch

FU,

Nicole just tweeted a link for cnn live stream

LittleMo

People who are praising Lindsay still don't get that a sentence isnt' attached to whatever life improvements she is supposed to have made. The fact is that LL has not paid the price for things that originally happened 4 years ago and the rest of the things that compounded the original offense. It doesn't matter how "nice" she is now - she still has jail time coming for what she has already done. I don't believe that LL has changed anything. When she's off probation and doesn't have somebody holding her hand 24 hours a day like she does now, she's going to f__ up again and we'll all be back her talking about.

james

Is it just me or is she starting to look like Rosie..She is getting fuglier by the day..and OMG, what the hell does anyone see in that body. Look at her in that 2 piece bathing suit, I want a refund Hef. Before it even comes out......

Michell

She misses a scheduled show on Ellen to promote her playboy shoot (which is part of her contract)and she's turning things around. Who would want to hire her! She is unreliable!!! If I was Hefner, I would sue her.

ilovegossip

@Delmar
Ali hasn't graduated YET! And, last time I questioned it you said Ali was being homeschooled by Dina through Skype.

MADISYN, LIAISON TO THE H8TURDS!!

I'm puttin my two cents in now about ALL THE EXTRA CS. If 12 is the requirement, expect to hear 13, 14 sessions tops.

EastCoastChopper

Heysuz Christo! Enough of the LiLo coddling! The resources dedicated to this trolip, the double-standards, the CIRCUS of justice we have witnessed these past 5 years is pathetic! Imagine what the some 1,200 inmates at the Men's central jail AND 800 at the women’s jail (serving 364)for petty theft, cocaine possession and DUI - think!

Jay W.

Can she stay clean for all of 2012 ? OTB line 20 to 1

carissa

Why is she being praised for doing what she's supposed to? And turned it all around??? It's been a month!

Red Cloud

Good grief!!! Some of you sound desperate!!! Are you sitting there with hearts pounding and sweating, hoping the 'glowing report' is BS??? Get a grip! I'm really beginning to feel sorry for some of you.

BTW, I'm PIZZED at Lindsay for missing Ellen. No big deal. Fans are very forgiving. Besides, she will be on other TV talk shows soon enough.

Ellie G

This story made me laugh. A 25 year old who cant do ANYTHING without someone holding her hand.