Howard Stern

$20 Million Is for Chumps!

12/15/2011 9:09 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_7kxfg2n6_1_uex5urt4(1)Howard Stern pooh-poohed the notion that he was only pulling in 20 million measly dollars a year for his freshly-minted role as a judge on "America's Got Talent."

Stern was out in NYC today -- hours after the announcement -- when a camera dude asked if he was making $20 mil.  Stern's response:  "Do I work for that little?"  Stern laughed -- yes, to the bank.

The reason the camera guy asked the question -- there were reports he was settling on $20 mil.  But let's put this in context.  Stern signed a 5-year deal with Sirius XM for an estimated $400 million.

Short story -- he's way richer than you.

Denver

Howard has a voice and a face for radio. How much money NBC and Sirius want to throw at this waste of time is their business. Stupid questions on the street will get smarmy answers. Didn*****ch AGT before. Will continue that trend.

luke

I wont be watching america's got talent with this idiot as a judge. He certainly has no talent only a filty mouth.

Chiboy

So, let's put this in context: Sirius paid Howie $400 MILLION years ago which ended up wrecking (no: destroying) their satellite music offerings AND forced a merger with XM to, in part, cover his salary. Point here is, fan or not, the dude is overpaid and leaves chaos in his 1% salary wake! Sad.

Phil

Contrary to many commenting here, the only reason I would ever watch that boring show IS Howard Stern.

Go Howard!!! And... Girls and Corpses Magazine: http://girlsandcorpses.com/backissues_08.html

ok

I'll take Stern over Piers any day. Piers comes off as an over compensating douche. He literally looks down his nose at people when he speaks.

vlav

I didn't even know he was still alive!

ohsure

The real amount of worth is $20.00 If he is there I won'*****ch AGT again!

maria heard

I'll never watch aft if he's a judge.He'. Soooooooooo nasty!!!!!!

Andres

Howard is great. I might actually watch this pathetic show now.

Ottawa

I liked Howie, not big on Howard. If this is what the next season has in store we'll be skipping it. Too bad it was a fun family show.

maria heard

I'll never watch aft if he's a judge.He'. Soooooooooo nasty!!!!!!

Sailor70

Well NBC you have lost another two viewers of "America Has Talent"...and since Talent is part of the show's name what ever possessed you to add Howard Stern ...

putt

I loved americas got tallent but I won'*****ch that pig of a man howard

ohsure

I believe that Howard Stern is worth $20.00 to someone, but not to the fans o****T... If he is there, I am gone.

Kaffee

Well--all you chumps that love this guy--how do you like him now?