Parents Org.

ANGRY Over Howard Stern --

NBC Has 'Lost Its Way'

12/15/2011 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1215_howard_EX_02
A powerful parents organization is furious with NBC for hiring Howard Stern on "America's Got Talent" -- claiming the move is an "act of desperation for a flailing network."

The Parents Television Council has released a statement to TMZ ... claiming primetime TV is no place for Howard Stern ... "a performer who is synonymous with shock, profanity and obscenity."

The PTC says, "The once-proud broadcast network has lost its way and has made it clear it holds no concern whatsoever for children and families."

The group adds, "Not coincidentally, in just over three weeks the network will be standing before the United States Supreme Court arguing for the right to use the F-word at any time of the day, even in front of children."

Kay

Fun Fact about the PTC: One of the board members has a pothead daughter who has children looking up to them as a role model...yup you guessed it, Billy Ray Cyrus.

So until they can actually PARENT their kids, I refuse to take their complaining seriously.

EggsOverEasy

Morality? Even though its is a trumped up, made up farcical word, Howard Stern has more morals than parents.org and the parents television council put together..

bmwm369

PTC is a bunch d-bags that live out in the 'burbs.
Just don'*****ch.

cindy

STFU....PTC!!!

Dickeydoo

Hey PTC, Get the poison out!

Truth

@KAY... NICE CATCH!! MILEY CYRUS HAS DONE THE HOWARD STERN SHOW AT AGE 15. TALK ABOUT A HYPOCRITE FATHER IN BILLY RAY.
#TRUTH!!

Steve

PTC, Howard knows he can't get raunchy network tv. It is kind of ironic because he was fired by NBC Radio Network back in the 80's. Look at Howie Mandel, he is nuttier, but when on AGT, they know the rules. No wonder that other countries especially in Europe laughs at our puritans influence on the media. Even on his showon Sirius/XM, Stern hardly uses any profanities. I know these groups has some good intentions, but they wanted everyone else behave like robots. There are people out in this country think different than you & I.

kd

These people,or more like this person,needs to get a life.Kids watch too much tv already.Get them away from the "Vulgar"Howard Stern.I have been listening for almost 20 years and he has never been so tame as he has been for the past 5 or so years.People need to get over their 10+ year ancient ideas on him.I hate talent shows but I will watch this.Give him a chance.Anyone think he is going to be vulgar needs to use the fricken head and remember he cant be on NBC. He knows families watch it.He is not a dummy.

stan de man

have you been to a mall lately or where teens assemble together ?? the filth out of their mouths especially the girls.. the "f" word is the new " ya know" they could care less on what you or i think..complain all you want they will succeed in the end..

JonDoh

The PTC is concerned about "a performer who is synonymous with shock, profanity and obscenity."? Really? I watched AGT and saw a gay guy wearing skin tight underwear and high heels doing a pole dance. Doesn't the show already have that element? Besides, if you know anything about Howard, you would recognize that he will make a great judge.

boricua4669

Just a stupid f-k scratching his balls and complaining about what is proper in TV !!?? 2011 near 2012 and nothing change !

Truth

TEST

MrSly69

THEY CAN KISS MY A$$. Parents, watch you kids, and be a FRAKING PARENT for once in your life. You preach free will and freedom, but you are the first to promote censorship and control. You will only be happy when the US is a religous state. That is working nice for women and the poor in many Middle East countries. GET A LIFE and stay out of my life.

Phil Mcl

The parents television council is nothing but a big corp. It is a huge money making non-profit org. They make big money and employees make great salaries. I HAVE A REMOTE. I can decide for myself and do decide for myself what I want to watch!! I don't need the parents council to tell me what to watch.

Jackie

How about the boycott KK clan show cause it's more worse....They call themselves "whores" and so on TV?