« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Deion Sanders

I'm Getting Divorced

12/17/2011 5:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0923-deion-sanders-pilar-getty-ex
Deion Sanders and his wife Pilar are getting divorced ... Sanders tells TMZ.

In a statement, the NFL Hall of Famer tells us, "Pilar and I have decided to end our marriage and move on to the next phase of our individual lives with mutual respect. We are friends and our top priority has and will continue to be the well-being of our children."

He continues, "We arrived at this decision prayerfully and carefully in order to be able to pursue what is in both of our best personal interests."

Deion and Pilar married in 1999 and they have three children together.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Will to Self Motivate

Please click the link below to activate your comment and create your TMZ account:

Click here to activate

or

Copy and paste the following url into your browser:

The comment below will be added to the post titled Deion Sanders -- I'm Getting Divorced:

__________

Yes, well, I have to say that I'm disappointed in the man. Originally, I was never really impressed with young D's pomposity. However, that's a natural part of life. Testosterone rules. Then, as is in life, the aging process was passed its peak, and D was smart enough to get out while the gettin' was good. He grew. He gained wisdom. Then. He professed his faith. I saw a difference. I saw the same fire, but with a reverence, a somewhat seeming humbleness. He always had a sense of humor, but now it was more mature. Funny.

Why should it matter? It's just another sad example of the mindset that the personal interests of the individual outweighs the marriage. Nice.

Now he (and his beautiful wife) sets aside their profession of faith vows to protect the

Will to Self Motivate

Why should it matter? It's just another sad example. Man.

john

Never marry in a country that allows no fault divorce,alimony and child support.Every marriage I know of,the woman have initiated divorce which is around 70 percent in the Usa.

Marry a hispanic woman,any woman other than a United states native woman who has been indoctrinated by feminism and disney princess movies-Go mexican,european or russina.South american etc...no fault divorce encourages woman to cash out.AND THEY DO.

george

yeah, looks like people coming out on reality shows get divorce.....next is Sinbad

fstblk

These two just got tired of buying mirrors to look at themselves and just decided that divorce would be cheaper.Who cares that they are divorcing??

Superman

BS! If his "top priority" was the "well-being" of his children, then he wouldn't have been cheating on his wife!!!

Just_Me

Just came back to look at her pic...I would love to grind that pretty face. I feel a little gay today lol.

Dianne

Getting divorced is the new trend.

mackerelcover

All these celebrities decide to divorce "after prayerful consideration and still love and respect each other" If they cared and respected each other and their kids they would stick it out and not go their seperate ways. It's all BS!

BlackNole08

I just gotta say it only because it's Sunday: PRIIIIIIIMETIIIIIIME!!!

Keke

"We arrived at this decision prayerfully and carefully ..."in order to be able to pursue what is in both of our best personal interests." TRANSLATION: Deion got busted boning a young jump-off he met on Twitter (flew her into town, and set up the hotel and the heaux posted a pic of his car keys, him in the background, and copies of their email dialogue for public view), no amount of begging, pleading or come to Jesus talks could save his marriage. Pilar (the scathing, no-talent diva biatch that she is) just came up a few mill. Hey drop three kids, wham-bam-bam, stay married a few years and increase your take. Good work!

tonya

i would have divorced her a long, long time ago!!!

Dave

Oh, for goodness' sake. If you were actually prayerful you'd solve your differences.

Hexon T3

Marriage is such a tired institution in the American culture. It really needs to evolve in order to be relevant in the modern world.

Hexon T3

Marriage is really a tired institution in the modern American culture. It really needs to evolve into something more relevant in order for people to make better allowances for lives that change rapidly in both context and perception.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments