« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

Busted by Basketball Wives

12/19/2011 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kobe & Vanessa Bryant
A secret underground society of trained spies is responsible for feeding intel to Vanessa Bryant that eventually led to her filing for divorce from hubby Kobe Bryant -- not the CIA or FBI ... but the basketball wives of the NBA.

Our sources says Kobe's teammates were blabbing to their women about the superstar's exploits ... and those women in turn gave Vanessa the heads up.  We're told talk of Kobe's exploits lately increased in frequency.

According to our sources, the players often swear their wives to secrecy before dishing on their fellow ballers ... but that secrecy is rarely kept. We're told the women all share information about other guys around the league ... in part to ensure word will get back to them if their man ever steps out.

As TMZ first reported, Vanessa filed divorce papers on Friday, after Vanessa learned of what she says is an act of infidelity that became the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

1216_kobe_vanessa_bryant_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

lulz40

I new the NBA was made up of some gossipy twilight fans. this proves it

Candy

Finally an example of women having each other's backs! Amen to that...

Springbank

Where's the loyalty among players? Telling their wives about another player. That's just wrong.

lil-r

neither of them were being too smart, i mean if you're going to marry a star athlete chances are...they're going to be cheaters. and if you might want to think about that prenup if you plan to be a cheater. i guess she was smart, actually, she walks away with 50 million.

Kartrashian Klown

Kobe is a loser! I remember before he got married women were throwing themselves at him. Then he got married and asked for respect, even putting out a video showing off his wedding band and asking women to respect the fact he's a married man. He had no prenup because it was his choice! He loved her so much he didn't want no prenup. Now he's the one breaking the vows? I hope he gives her half of everything!!

nof

This isn't about infidelity it's about greed.

PokerStar

I read Kobe hooked up with KK best friend, Carla Dibello? She will do anything to keep her name in the headlines. I hope 2012 rids us of anything Kartrashian.

I am Spartacus

heres the thing, if you wanna go around getting your D wet then don't put a ring on some chick's finger. If you do get married, then at least be faithful, especially when she looks as good as that.

nof

It's only COUCHED in infidelity.

Then Kobe's the bad guy.

But Vanessa the victim.

As she limps sadly off -

And with half of his hard-earned fortune.

lolly

Vanessa, take him to the cleaners and then find you a real man

Tony

I'm sure the guy who is known for never talking to his teammates goes around blabbing about his sexual exploits. I'm not saying he didn't do it but seems like a lot of gossip about something that everyone knows happens. You dont want your man to cheat...dont date an professional sports player, masseuse or personal trainer. Or date AC Green

RealityBites

LOL well no one said NBA players are the brightest bulbs on the planet. I mean this is the same sport that has characters who ask for stipends from the league to wear suits or bring guns to locker rooms to threaten another player. LOL. Telling your wives dirty secrets about other players.

Leila

I don't get the attraction to these big time athletes, other than, I guess, having a good time. If you want an honest, serious relationship, stay away from them.

G'Fab

why did he cheat on her? Isn't it better to just go to therapy or take a break or break it off instead of cheat? I don't understand why he would want to do that, after all the back lash he he experienced before. If he was so unhappy in the marriage, or had wanted out (which he obviously did or he wouldn't have cheated) he should have just been honest with himself and her and just be adult about it. I hate seeing comments she is some kind of Byatch or something, I am sure she lived under his control, his rules, he called the shots and she has every right to have her freedom. She is not a gold digger, she put 10 years of her life into this and has 2 of his kids. Its a shame. Goes to show a woman should pursue her interest and dreams to be interesting, she was so young when she got married, he got bored, but she is so gorgeous and soooo beautiful, I wish her a good rebound and get back on her feet to do her own thang in freedom. Can't wait to see her next move.

Shaq

I hate Kobe, what a bag o' deush!