'Sons of Guns' Stars

Punished By the Feds

for MAJOR Firearms Violations

12/23/2011 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Son of Guns William Hayden
The star of the Discovery reality show "Sons of Guns" has been forced to surrender his Federal Firearm License after government officials discovered a bunch of his weapons had mysteriously gone missing ... TMZ has learned.

The man caught in the crosshairs is a famous gunsmith named William Hayden -- who founded Red Jacket Firearms in Baton Rouge Louisiana ... and hired his daughter Stephanie to help run the business.

Things went swimmingly until 2009 ... when the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms conducted a routine inspection of RJF and discovered 10 guns registered to the company could not be accounted for ... a big, BIG problem.

We're told the feds pinned the blame on William and Stephanie -- and were looking to take serious action that could have resulted in the end of RJF.

But law enforcement sources tell us ... the Hayden's struck a deal with feds in 2010, in which the two agreed to surrender their gun-making licenses ... and in exchange, they could appoint a LICENSED person to take over the company.

It didn't take long for William and Stephanie to pick their successor  ... they went with Vincent Buckles (pictured left) -- another gunsmith often featured on the reality show.

William and Stephanie went back to work for the company -- but since they are no longer allowed to own the gun business, they are working as employees.

Reps for the Haydens, RJF and Discovery all had no comment.

update_bar
TMZ has learned Vincent Buckles has since left the company -- and two other licensed people are currently in charge of the business.

1130_strapped_stars_footer

rusty

Kris Ford ... WOW Tell me thats not you !!!DISAPPOINTMENT NOT Who's on my TV !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgSnibV1HFk

Daniel

Oh please. Hayden and his daughter are still listed in the BATF database as having FFL's and if you look at Wills office, his FFL is right behind his desk on the wall. Stephs is on the wall to the right side of her desk. Vince is the little slug that is whining and crying that he and two others founded Red Jacket and are the owners, that in ad of itself is a complete lie as Will threatened to fire Vince in one episode; so how the heck do you fire one of the owners?

You people really dropped the ball on this one.

pat patterson

How about a simple hand held weapon made to specifically target those pesky drones?

Ron

Vince is a *****

Ron

Vince is a p u s s y!

Mike

Will is a stupid F*** for letting Steph marry Kris! Kris is a dumb A**. He doesnt know what he is doing. Vince was the best gunsmith they had. If Will doesnt know why Vince left he is a idiot. Now that Vince is gone and they gave him the company according to this, What now? If i was Vince i would fire Will and Steph and run the company himself.

Frank Hunter

If what I'm reading here about your FFL and the two of you now working as employs I am really shocked! I am behind you 100% for basically sticking to your guns as it were by not giving up the guns the feds say are missing.Especially if any or all of these guns contain specific modifications that you and your company have designed. I assure you had you turned these guns over you would loose any claim at all that you have for the patterns and designs on these guns. Stay strong and keep it up!

Kim

For all of u bashing kris meet the guy first like I have then judge him and if u have the nerve to judge him ur the idiot and all of u mouthing off about the show being fake needs to go take it up with will himself and let's see how big of ppl u all r then it is not our job to judge others!!

Kim

Being friends with Stephanie I can assure u none of this is true . Stupid ppl like to dig up stuff to hurt others . Vince has left the company for personal reasons . If this story were true do u think they would have their own show come on now think ppl

Paul

I hope Discovery channel takes these inbreed idiots off the air. Mainly old snaggle toothed Steph. She got famous and noe she thinks her s--t doesn't stink. Whats next, Chris nailin her in the front office?

RAY

good luck vince
you dont need that ****

RAY

Will has bad carma

will is US vet and hero for that yet he is is a big f n ass Good luck to kris and steph, Vince was treated like **** I wont watch the show will NEEDS TO STOP BEING D TO VINCE WILL NEEDS TO MAN UP TO BEING A JERK TO VINCE

Miggs

A big problem...unless you're the ATF and lose track of a couple of thousand rifles in Mexico.

lil sis

Take it from me, this is all a load of BS! TMZ really should know better than to report anything based on 'being told' by 'sources' - come on, now, really. Is your so-called 'entertainment' business struggling so badly that you now have to resort to spreading gossip and out and out lies?
People, please. If anyone else is unlucky enough to come across this pitiful excuse of a story, take it from me that it is complete BS. Will is still the SOLE OWNER of Red Jacket and is still properly licensed. He and Stephanie are running it just fine, thank you.
BTW, TMZ, I'm his sister and I think I know him and his story just a little bit better than you and your so-called 'sources'. And I just can't wait to hear what he has to say about this crap!

lil sis

I would like to say one more thing. To all the intelligent people on here who actually realize that this article is b/s and that Vince was never more than an employee (and indeed left for personal reasons) - thank you! I appreciate your decent comments - as does my blood pressure, which was really starting to rise with the idiocy of some of these posters.
I've said this before on other sites and I'll say it again here - Will and Stephanie are just as they appear on tv and you can like them or not, but still...they're my family, I love them, and I can NOT just stand by and ignore some of the lies and b/s going on about them. Having an opinion about them is one thing - but spreading lies is another, TMZ.