'Sons of Guns' Stars

Punished By the Feds

for MAJOR Firearms Violations

12/23/2011 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Son of Guns William Hayden
The star of the Discovery reality show "Sons of Guns" has been forced to surrender his Federal Firearm License after government officials discovered a bunch of his weapons had mysteriously gone missing ... TMZ has learned.

The man caught in the crosshairs is a famous gunsmith named William Hayden -- who founded Red Jacket Firearms in Baton Rouge Louisiana ... and hired his daughter Stephanie to help run the business.

Things went swimmingly until 2009 ... when the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms conducted a routine inspection of RJF and discovered 10 guns registered to the company could not be accounted for ... a big, BIG problem.

We're told the feds pinned the blame on William and Stephanie -- and were looking to take serious action that could have resulted in the end of RJF.

But law enforcement sources tell us ... the Hayden's struck a deal with feds in 2010, in which the two agreed to surrender their gun-making licenses ... and in exchange, they could appoint a LICENSED person to take over the company.

It didn't take long for William and Stephanie to pick their successor  ... they went with Vincent Buckles (pictured left) -- another gunsmith often featured on the reality show.

William and Stephanie went back to work for the company -- but since they are no longer allowed to own the gun business, they are working as employees.

Reps for the Haydens, RJF and Discovery all had no comment.

update_bar
TMZ has learned Vincent Buckles has since left the company -- and two other licensed people are currently in charge of the business.

1130_strapped_stars_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

rdsii64

That show makes real gun enthusiats look like mouth breathing retards. How the "F" do you let ten guns "go missing". The gun wold would have been better off if the feds had shut them down all together. We are already having enough troubles fighting for our gun rights with out these clowns making us all look like mouth breathing ass hats.

dawg

I hope they take the filth off of tv foul language every breath is ridiculous kids watch that show great example being set hope ya'll are happy with yourselves.

JOSEPH MONTELEONE JR

I think CHRIS, you know the guy who has his nose stuck up Will Hayden"s ass probably stole or screwed something up regarding the missing guns.
Let's face it this guy is a real screw up, the only thing he is good at is kissing Hayden"s ass and screwing his daughter.
Well I should say screwing his daughter, but being the stupid ass clown he is he can't get that right either according to close associates of the show.

The only man with any brains, quit the show mainly because of this little worm (chris). Oh their is Joe , he has it on the ball too.
I think they should lose the loser chris and make the show tolerable again.

Buster

Funny, last I checked Will was still boss, and Vince was fired.

gUN MAKER

All this show does is sell gun owners down the path of a gun grab! Lets blow some S'hit up.....Yeah right! The ruling party is already afraid of its own people and these dickweeds don't help!

Dallas

hey I love this show I thinks it is a lot better than things like (how I met your mommy) or brazil butt lift these are the shows that's wasting the air time .leave sons of guns alone I think a lot of people will agree with me

Dallas

hey I like sons of guns if you want to remove something remove shows like how I met your mommy or my big greek wedding these are the shows that take up all the air time

Elmer

This show is so phoney - all made up drama. Vince has so much makeup on he should be be advertising for Avon.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7