Bradley Cooper

Now 39 Times More Likely

to Die in a Car Crash

12/24/2011 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bradley Cooper on a motorcycle
Bradley Cooper is now much more likely to seriously injure himself on the road -- because TMZ has learned ... the actor just got his motorcycle license in L.A.

Sources tell TMZ, Cooper hit up an L.A.-area DMV earlier this month -- where he successfully passed his test for a motorcycle license ... permitting him to hit the streets on whatever overly-priced vintage chopper he inevitably decides to buy.

But he better be careful -- according to some random motorcycle crash statistics we looked up, "Motorcyclists were 39 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash ... and eight times more likely to be injured."

Hey, if you're gonna lose a leg -- may as well look damn cool doing it.

erickelliott

Don't forget the "Clearance Auto" for auto insurance. Many now offer online quotes, and insurance shopping on the Web allows you to compare rates from multiple providers in the comfort of your own home.

James R. - Los Angeles

I don't memba this loser . . .

static

Maybe he could get Zach Galifianakis on the back drive off a cliff.

Mr. Bate

I can hardly wait. I hope he does'nt feel comfy with a helmet.

Dan Frederiksen

motorcycle is an instrument of suicide. very dangerous vehicle.
doctors call them donorcycles because the schmucks kill themselves all the time.

ChunkyLightning

Vintage Hog? Maybe he wants to get one of those nice scooters he drives in Europe over here! What the government considers a scooter isn't much so for many you have to get the M2 license!

SnowyDae

One motorcycle ride I'd risk losing a leg for!!

Kaffee

Really like this guy. Sad to learn he's going to ride a motorcycle. Sure, they are cool, but weekend riders--dangerous to all, including themselves.

Kato

He just got 39 times hotter.

Wrath of Khan

What a sick news story! The writer of this trash but be so proud.

Bikewriter

He received his cycle license so he could ride his scooter ... must have cycle license for anything larger than 50cc.

nyc44th

. . I'm certainly glad I don't live my life in fear like some who are responding here. I've been riding motorcycles for over 40 years. Every minute has put a smile on my face. I guess if you want to be fearful of everything you can just sit in a chair in a 'safe' bomb shelter typing on your computer . . . to me, I want to 'experience' life.

KnuckleDragger

I've been riding for 47 years...since the day I got back from Vietnam. Is it dangerous? Absolutely! I've buried more people than I now know. Everything in life has a down side...if you're not paying attention. If you don't ride...your point of view is just rhetoric. If you do ride...you know where I'm coming from.

lori

wow.. such speculation.. agreed motorcycles are dangerous but the writer needs to focus on whats actually happening in the world.. dumb story

Bill Leslie

At least we know he'll leave a good looking corpse. Hope he signed the donor card.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments