Steven Tyler

Family Members Furious

Over Singer's Engagement

12/28/2011 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1227_steven_tyler_fiance_getty_exSteven Tyler's big engagement news did NOT go over so well with several members of his family ... who are telling friends they simply don't like his new fiancee ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to the Tyler clan tell us ... several family members have clashed with Erin Brady for years ... and have told friends, "She's just not nice."

One source tells us, "She's just been mean to the family."

And to make matters worse -- we're told several family members have griped that they had no idea about Steven's proposal plan until AFTER he popped the question to 38-year-old Brady this weekend ... and they felt slighted by the omission.

Sources tell us ... the family members were hoping they could eventually repair the relationship with Erin, but now, they feel Steven has only widened the divide.

Multiple calls to Steven's rep have not been returned.

1227_steven_tyler_ring_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

aNOTHERERIN

She looked miserable on the Operah Own interview with Steve never cracked a smile let me tell you Blood is Thicker Than Water his children are beautiful she better watch her step and enjoy Life--------I think he is a Cool Rocker the fast lifestyle comes with the occupation does this women actaully thinks he is not going to look at other women-----------come on!!!!!!!!!!!Have a pajama party and forget that piece of Paper!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna

I just think he knows he is getting older and he does not want to grow old alone. He hired her to work for him and she managed the band's money. He probably trusts her..I am sure the rest of us are thinking is she after his money?

lulu

he is NOT GAY IAM IN LOVE WITH HIM AND HIS MUSIC,I THING HES HOT AND SEXY,I WILL ALWAYS LOVE HIM.I LOVE THE WAY HE MOVE THE MOVES HE DOES ,FOR HIS AGE I THING HE IS CUTE.

Kim

Why does anyone have to announce to a family member they plan on proposing to someone. Frankly, it's none of their business.

casey

she does look very cold and nasty. She has control over him, and its sad. I just wonder if he's going to get paid back for hurting his first 2 wives and his young girlfried, what goes around comes back around. I feel sorry for his children, they love their dad so much, I just hope he doesn't let erin destroy or hurt their relationship. She's shewd and I can tell. Some on here said they know her, she seems like she's out for his money. I never once heard her or him say that they loved each other, it's always something stupid, or sexual. Im afraid she'll get him back on drugs again, and take over his mind. If he thinks he misses his mind now, wait till she's finished with him. I think sex should be private, and it shows respect for each other. She acted like an angel on Oprah's interview, what a phoney, I cant get that Howard stern interview out of my head, she sounded wild. I hope if he marries her he'll get a solid pre-nup, or that woman will drain what he worked all his life for. WAKE UP STEVEN, AND SEE THE WRITING ON THE WALL.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6