Russell Brand

Files for Divorce

from Katy Perry

12/30/2011 3:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katy Perry and Russell Brand divorce documents
Russell Brand
has filed for divorce from Katy Perry ... TMZ has learned.

In the docs, filed in L.A., Brand cites "irreconcilable differences." The two were married Oct. 23, 2010 in India.  They have no kids.

The divorce docs say there are "community property assets" -- it's a sign there might not be a prenup, or if there is one it doesn't cover all of the earnings and other assets they accumulated.

The docs do not give a date the couple separated.

Russell has released a statement, claiming, "Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage. I'll always adore her and I know we'll remain friends."

Russell proposed to Katy in India on New Year's Eve 2009 -- nearly two years ago ... to the day.

Sources had told TMZ the couple was having problems, evidenced by the fact that they spent Christmas apart and neither was wearing a wedding ring.

Although it's not 100%, based on what we now know it appears Brand may have blindsided Perry by filing the divorce petition.

Russell appeared on "Ellen" just this month, slamming divorce rumors (below) -- claiming, "I'm really happily married ... I’m married to Katy. Perpetually, until death do us part was the pledge. I’m still alive."

1230_katy_perry_russell_brand_SPLIT_footer

Recent Divorces

Previous 15 Comments | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25

bogey

SHOCKING absolutely SHOCKING: First Kim Kartrashion and now these two.What's the world coming to. Well lets see.His 15 min are up and as long as she keeps wearing skin tight outfits and showing her talents she'll be okay.

montreal

he never shuts up

Allie

its kind of sad. then again at the same time i'm not suprised. they had a whirlwind romance that ended just as fast as it began and its sad. you kind of always hope against your better knowledge this sort of thing will work out but it very rarely if ever does. thats why you should be with some one for awhile before you marry and really give your self a chance to know thier not great not fun not romantic side

jennifer

I cant belive there getting a divorce

Celebrityknowitall

Russel Brand is funny, but he isnt cute, hot, or sexy. Sorry, but i kind of feel good for katie. she can find a WAY better guy than him. I think the divorce is good for both of them.

Adriana

eek hes disgusting anyway and shes a weirdo...

jojo

they were soooooooooo cute together

hope

My Long Distance boyfriend is Back with me. I was surprised that this spell worked for me even though my boyfriend was in another country.. we hadn’t seen each other in more than a year and had decided to call it quits. But then I thought I should try the spell and see if it would actually work out with both of us. And it did! Not only did he want to try it out once again but he actually flew out here last week to be with me! that was the first time I saw him in more than a year and I am really thankful to oviaspiritualspelltemple@gmail.com. Would Recommend It to Everybody! Doris

hope

Love is in the air once again! Thank you so much for this spell it has helped me a lot. I not only got back with my boyfriend but I didn’t even have to ask him to come back to me! he did it all on his own and he came back to me saying “ I think I made a mistake.. can we give each other one more chance?” We are in love all over again.All thanks to priestandrew91@yahoo.com Hope

kiersten

it is so meen what russel was saying to ellen about katy i am on your side katy

Stefanie

I think it is extremely hard to make a relationship with a celeb work. That's why so many fail at it... lounge internet bestellen

Previous 15 Comments | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25