Katy Perry & Russell Brand

The Die Was Cast Early On

1/1/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katy Perry & Russell Brand
Sources close to Katy Perry and Russell Brand tell TMZ ... the couple was infatuated with each other when they tied the knot, but the honeymoon ended very quickly.

According to our sources, Katy and Russell were initially head over heels for each other – each fascinated to be with someone who was an extreme opposite.

But we're told the two began a regime of constant bickering after they got married -- often in front of people at clubs and awards shows. They're both very stubborn and neither would easily back down.

Our sources tell us ... because of the friction and their schedules, they never spent long periods of time with each other.

One big bone of contention  ... Russell was much more of a homebody than Katy.  Katy loved going out and partying, while Russell (who is sober) didn't enjoy the scene at all. We're told he would often insist on leaving places early and asking her to come with ... which would trigger an argument.

But we're told ... as the dust settles, neither hates the other -- far from it.   There's no bad blood between them, and neither of them believes the other cheated.

As one person put it, "It was just a bad pairing."

superchicken

It's refreshing to read an honest assessment of things for a change instead of the usual bull. She made a mistake and is moving on.

Darogr

Perry is very lucky if she has come out of this marriage free of Hepatitis C or worse. She should thank her lucky stars and hope a decent guy will want to be with her after she's been with that thing.

Darogr

Perry is very lucky if she has some out of this free of Hepatitis C or worse.

Mike

nyc44th:

Are you blind or what?

I don't care if Katy isn't wearing one bit of makeup. I think she still looks really good. There's pictures and videos of Katy on YouTube without makeup out there. She looks better than any female pop singer or rock singer I've seen in a while. Katy's right up there with Deborah Harry from "Blondie", the Wilson sisters in "Heart" in the 70s, Kylie Minogue, Shania Twain, Gwen Stephani, Sheryl Crow, Shirley Manson, etc.

Katy is a good front woman in "live" performances with her band. She sure knows how look "hot" when she's on stage. Shirley Manson was also pretty good at performing and their songs were pretty cool. For me, the quality of the music always comes first, THEN how the performer looks. I wouldn't mind seeing Katy get a little more rockin' sound on one of two songs on her upcoming CDs. My old girlfriend loved that group "Garbage" in the 1990s. I saw them in concert with her. Shirley Manson was red hot when she was on stage. Katy is even hotter.

I hope Katy's next CD is just as good as the last one. I hear Katy works with the same producer who helped create those huge monster hits with Alanis Morrisette. She should stick with him if she can.

Jennifer

OMG! I just saw that hideous photo of Katy without makeup! Eeewwww! She's even scarier than Oprah without makeup! At least Oprah has color to her skin! Katy looks like a corpse! Poor, poor Russell having to wake up to that. Thank God he got away from Katy Scary Perry.

Pat

Wow TMZ just last week your "sources" who were allegedly close to "The Couple" said that all of the divorce rumors were b.s., and now they're saying it was doomed from the start?

Mike

Jennifer,

Trust me, I bet 99% of the guys in the world would love to have Katy as a girlfriend and wake up in bed with her. I know I would. I wouldn't care if she had "morning breath" or her hair looked weird either. If I was a bigtime movie star like Leo DiCaprio or some big rock star, I'd give it a shot at dating her since she's divorcing Russell and single again.

She's super hot in this set of pictures.

She looked good back on her first big CD. She kind of has that "rocker chick" look like Patty Smythe, Terri Nunn, and Belinda Carlisle from the 80s. As far as women musicians go, they don't get much better looking than Katy.

ohboy

I don't understand the hate for Russell. He quit drinking and she parties. Yet, I am assuming mainly females, want to make Katy the good one out of this. SHE IS THE ONE who wants to party while he stays sober. Those two don't mix.
Here is a tell-tell sign from APRIL OF 2010. AN ARTICLE BACKING UP TMZ'S STORY OVER A YEAR LATER. READ IT.

showbizspy.DOTCOM/article/230296/russell-brand-and-katy-perry-at-war-actor-russell-brand-wants-wife-to-quit-partying.html

ohboy

AGAIN, AN ARTICLE ABOUT THEIR MARRIAGE OVER A YEAR AGO:

http://www.showbizspy. com/article/230296/russell-brand-and-katy-perry-at-war-actor-russell-brand-wants-wife-to-quit-partying.html

KATY IS A SLUT. A NON SUPPORTIVE ONE AT THAT.

Mike

Man, if I was Russell Brand I'd have a real hard time having a nasty fight with Katy and risk getting a divorce with her. I'd probably put up with a lot of "stuff" from her if she is one of those spoiled diva "high maintenance" type chicks.

Especially when Katy gets "dolled up" and looking hot like she is in this Rolling Stone magazine photo shoot. I'd be saying "yes, dear yes, dear" "okay honey" all the time. Some women can do that to guys. We can't help it. :)

Mike

Here's the photo shoot pictures that I meant to post. She's on fire in these shots.

"Katy Perry for Rolling Stone Magazine"

RD

Marriage is all about compromises. If neither was ever willing to "back down" then the marriage was doomed from the get-go.

pz

She likes girls, it's obvious. Not just from her songs. He acts and looks like a girl but the plumbing is all wrong. She just couldn't pretend, like Angelina Jolie, that a pretty boy is as good as a girl.

Poor, poor Mindy ...

Katy Baby? I am available to Quagmire you when you're ready. Hint. It involves dragging something across your face.

steven katona