Rob Lowe

ABC Eyeing Him to Replace Reeg

On 'Live' With Kelly Ripa

1/6/2012 11:26 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rob Lowe could be Regis Philbin's replacement ... if ABC has its way.

Lowe just finished a two-day stint, guest hosting with Kelly Ripa and an ABC source says the honchos "loved the chemistry between them." We're told network execs have spoken with Lowe's reps about making it a permanent gig, but Lowe -- who already has a job on "Parks and Recreation" -- is non-committal.

But we just shot Rob leaving NYC at JFK airport. Our camera guy asked him, "Do you think you could live in New York?"

Rob replied: "We were just talking about that. I love New York. I love the energy. It would be a change of pace. I'm a California boy, but it could be fun."

0906_remembering_regis_footer

janja

the ratings are down almost 40%, and if they think rob is going to bring them up it won't work. He's dry, no sense of humor, no grasp of hosting.

i said lesbians...

...ann perkins?

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

Ashley

I hope so! I watched the show yesterday morning for the first time in years and REALLY enjoyed it. They were great together! Loved it!

Michael7307

Hey guys the show is on cbs not abc.

Tinalouise

He was pretty good considering he had to deal with Ripa talking non-stop about herself and even comparing herself to Barbie...maybe we can keep him and replace her, how about that?

CountryGal

Love Rob Lowe but I'm not so sure about all this. Kelly Ripa gets on my nerves. I won't be watching just because of her.

Anon

Don't do it, Rob. Parks and Rec and movies are great. Talk shows? Not so much. No tacky daytime TV.

flipflops

@janja: You are misinformed. The ratings are actually up. The original NY Post story (later picked up by the Huffington Post and elsewhere) that started the rumor the ratings were down was based on an Apples to Oranges comparision with Regis' final week on the show, when the rating were through the roof.

Here is the Huffington Post's correction: "According to ABC, The New York Post's statistics are inaccurate. "Live! With Kelly" ratings were 7 percent higher in terms of total viewers than the show's average ratings with Regis. The report also says the show's ratings have been higher than the equivalent weeks from last year by 12 percent total viewers."

Johnny Carcinoma

Will never happen.

Next.

grannyjan

Oh boy, I hope they don't make Rob Lowe a Co-Host. I lived in Marietta, GA when he did that sex tape with a gal who was in my son's high school classes! If you saw the Rippa show today, Lowe was just sitting and starring at the cute blond guest! He is a sex addict... ABC, did you have a lapse in memory... that guy is a sickO.... just happes to be a pretty face, even I like to look at. Don't do it!

Amber

Sounds great, now all they need to do is get rid of that irritating Kelly Ripa!!!!!

kar

I like Rob Lowe. He nice looking and has a good personality but.... would he be in this for the long haul He doesn't seem to last to long with any of his jobs. I wish that Neil patrick Harris would do it. I love it when Kelly and Neil host together.

Sandra

I love Rob but not for this, I thought Nick Lachey was great with Kelly!

Abe

Good. I don'*****ch that crap now and hiring "Raw Blow" won't get to me to watch either.

x