Beyonce & Jay-Z

It's a Girl!!

Blue Ivy Is On the Scene

1/7/2012 11:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0108_beyonce_jayz_getty_bn
Beyonce finally popped, giving birth to a baby girl named Blue Ivy Carter in New York City on Saturday

Proud dad Jay-Z, real name Shawn Carter, was at the hospital where Beyonce reportedly birthed Ivy by c-section -- and shortly after her arrival ... J & B's famous friends started sending out birth announcements on the Internet.

Rihanna tweeted, "Welcome to the world princess Carter! Love Aunty Rih"

Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons also took to Twitter, saying ... "congrats to my good friends Beyonce and Jay-Z."

Beyonce famously announced her pregnancy on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards back in August.

update_bar
While initial reports had the baby name as Ivy Blue, now word is the name is actually Blue Ivy.

Zutopia

Congrats on adding yet another ridiclous name for a baby to the Hollywood mix.

dcw4

Awesome news! hopefully she will look like her mom and not dad~ look at whitney houston and bobby browns daughter, poor thing looks like bobby with tata's.. if this little girl looks like Jay-Z...that will make me cry... ; (

Starlite

I still think she was carrying a fake bump and that she did not give birth to no baby and for those who think she did is just as simple as she is and camel head jay.and why did the media help her play this pregnancy out every show I seen her on she never look like she was pregnant the only thing u can see was that fake ass bump sometimes it would be to high To low the bump would never be arrange right then to top it off she never gained baby weight.Anyway elephant ears Beyonce you might fooled TMZ but you didn't fool Me or anyone else I know.
We seen you in n.y and u didn't look pregnant there was no baby bump then that was a couple of weeks ago.Everything done in the dark will come out in the light.

Silverado Mom

Congrats, but I have to agree that Blue Ivy not the best idea. Hate to have a day when I'm feeling "blue". I think Ivy Blue might've been better. But then she still might think "blue is my middle name". Let's just drop blue altogether. Ivy is a great name! But it's not my kid.

Kris

A retarded name for a retarded couple, isn't it bad enough she's going to look like jay?

Umm ok...

I don't buy it for a second. Her ever-changing prosthetic baby bump was stupid. And nobody would care if they decided to use a surrogate anyway...so why do the whole ridiculous VMA "announcement" and then march around with a huge handbag to cover her belly that somehow became smaller after her whole belly-collapsing on video crap. She's making herself look like an ass.

Jillian

Has to be the ugliest baby in the world. The dad is the ugliest man on earth. She sure went for the money and not the looks.

Ml

Congratulations to the surrogate for delivering a healthy baby for the Carters, and congratulations to them as the parents. I guess we soon shall see many appearances from Beyonce talking about how she lost all the weight, how tough the pregnancy was on her body, etc, etc. Sorry I don't believe for one minute that she was actually pregnant. What happened to the belly shots that most celebs do when they are up in pregnancy?? Surely since she announced her pregnancy to the world, that she should would at least let the world see her with a real belly.

Truth

Another stupid celeb baby name. Congrats.

jonny

BLUE!!!..Your my boy.. BLUE!!old school movie

anonymous

How do you do C-section on a fake bump?

Ashley

Why couldn't they have named her Ivy Blue? That is so much prettier than Blue Ivy. Now it's just another kid with a stupid name.

Ranny

hopefully this baby don't look like Jay-Z. But wait, Beyonce isn't beautiful either.....ahh well

nicki

Blue like his ex Blu Cantrell????? Real classy J. How did you convince B to name your daughter after your EX???????

weisenheimer

pleeeeeze tell me she looks like her mother !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!