Beyonce Baby Drama

Hospital DENIES Closing Maternity Floor

1/9/2012 1:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0109_lenox_hill_bn
Beyonce and Jay-Z did NOT pay $1.3 million so the Destiny's Child singer could give birth to Blue Ivy in a sealed off private floor ... this according to the hospital.

A rep for Lenox Hill Hospital just released a statement, claiming, "The suggestion that the couple paid $1.3 million to rent an entire maternity floor is simply not true."

The rep adds, "The family is housed in an executive suite at the hospital and is being billed the standard rate for those accommodations."

According to the rep, "The family does have its own security detail on site. However, the hospital has been and continues to be in control of managing all security at the facility. We have made every effort to ensure minimal disruption to other families experiencing the births of their own children over the past three days."

TMZ broke the story ... moms at Lenox Hill are considering filing a lawsuit against the hospital, claiming they were treated like 2nd class citizens when Beyonce rolled in this weekend.

Anna

she should have just had her baby at home if she wanted a safe, controlled atmosphere..so as to not interfere with other mothers stay and time at the hospitals...it would have been a lot more discreet and people would not be making such a fuss over it, but to each their own I guess. Lucky kid.

esther

"minimal disruption", as if that is acceptable. Why should there be any disruption at all, just because a couple of singers are having a baby.

If they allowed any disruption at all to anyone they should lose all their medicare and medicaid funding. I do not want my tax dollars going to support a celebrity lifestyle for anyone. This is a hospital, not a hotel. Why do they even have an executive suite?

I could understand if it was a person of real import, the president of the united states, but just some run of the mill recording artist? Give me a break.

PokerStar

Someone is looking for some hush money, lol.

Kathy

Of course they had to close off the entire floor. The handoff of the child to Beyonce from the natural mother had to be kept secret. Put them pn the Maury show for a dna test. Blacks like that show.

Cee

I wish that all who have been hurt &/or mistreated because of star treatment sue the star & the hospital &/or etc that gives the star that treatment. It would be grand if the stars cared about others as they do themselves, giving respect to others does not cost you a dime! Stars START SHOWING & GIVING IT!

Cee

Anon

Backpeddle...backpeddle...

marcy singh

beyonce u n jayz don"t known what the **** u all want to say.any way whatever u say we the people will have to think its true,cause we were not their,so good luck.

Krisczer

A friend of mine's cousin and his wife had their twins there the same day. Their babies are in the NICU and they were given an extremely difficult time by "security" to see their children, as were other parents. I don't know if the Carters were aware of this going on but you can bet the hospital was...the blame lies with them and I hope they are held accountable. Celebrities need to realize that they are just people like the rest of us. The Carters child's birth was no more or less important than any of the other babies born that day.

ladydiinpa

it was rumored JLO had a entire floor reserved when she gave birth to her twins...people always lookin for a excuse to sue..the rich & famous do this all the time...let it go..

ShrinkWrap

I wish they could figure out how to take some of their money and buy decent personalities. Until then, they don't need kids. They are just going to end up materialistic and shallow just like moms and pops.

Sherms

DAMAGE CONTROL....DAMAGE CONTROL...WE MADE A HUGE-ARSE MISTAKE AND ARE GETTING CALLED OUT ON IT. Bunch of idiots. Ah, what money can buy.

Jeannie

None of this is shocking. I've had all sorts of experiences at Lenox Hill and have an ER dr. in the condo next to mine. When I had a 30% chance of living bc of DVT and PE I was treated poorly and have a few more months before the statute of limitations runs out on whether or not to sue regarding some issues that happened when I was in the ICU. Keep in mind when you're in the cardiovascular ICU at Lenox Hill you have your own room and so I didn't need to pay for a different room when I was satisfied with the room that I already had. Ambulatory surgery for cosmetic reasons i***** and miss in recovery. My cosmetic surgeon is absolutely amazing and wonderful though. When I had my full body lift (for those of you who watch Mob Wives, it's the same procedure Renee had) I had private nurses and a private room. Whenever Lenox Hill staff did come into my room, they treated me like a queen. The ER is a nightmare. And can someone please explain to me why is it easier to get a Xanax in that hospital than ointment from where they had been ripping skin off from constantly pulling off bandages to take blood? Also, what kind of hospital has nurses asking a patient's spouse to go to the drugstore to pick up rubbing alcohol because they are out?

Janet

The hospital is lying and their comment about "minimal disruption" proves it. There should be NO DISRUPTION WHATEVER in the care they provide to their patients, barring an unforeseen emergency. This baby is no more special than anybody else's baby. The birth was not the Second Coming. If Beyonce and Jay Z were so concerned about privacy they should have set up a maternity ward in their own mansion or done what Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie did when Shiloh was born and rented a private clinic in Namibia or someplace equally isolated. They had no right to inconvenience anyone else and the hospital was reprehensible for accepting their ridiculous demands. I hope the parents who weren't able to visit their babies in the neonatal ward sue the hospital out the wazoo.

Bobby

So basically, the hospital is right - and all these other families just got together and collectively decided to tell this lie???

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments