'Storage Wars' Star

I Need BIG MONEY

... or I'm Off the Show!!

1/9/2012 4:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0109_storage_wars_video_ex
"Storage Wars" star Dave Hester -- the "YUUUP" guy -- tells TMZ he's ready and willing to walk away from the biggest A&E reality show ever ... if the network doesn't up their "unjust" contract offer.

Hester was out in L.A. this weekend ... sporting a hat with his signature catchphrase on it ... when he told our photog he hasn't locked up a deal to return to the show next season.

The reality star explained, "Right now I'm in negotiations with A&E and I would just hope they would get away from their unjust contract negotiations ... the ball is really in their court."

He adds, "I don't know what their plans are ... but I would like to be on the show. Maybe 'Storage Wars' without Dave Hester??"

And to make matters worse ... Hester says he wasn't even invited to A&E's Christmas party.

A rep for A&E had no comment.

ICantSayButYouveseenme

I do agree with the majority of people posting, however I was on a reality show for several seasons with very respectable ratings and can personally tell you that the max any of these guys are getting is $2000 per episodes, which is not much after taxes as the general public does not consider the 4 days it will take to make the episode, countless hours of green screen time etc. The real criminals are the production companies, the old saying a few years back was every viewer is worth a $1, so folks when you are pulling 5 Million viewers, who os really getting screwed here, and I guarantee you with every penny in my bank account, that Original Productions (the production company for Storage Wars), is getting at least a 3.5 mil budget for 26 eps. which with no travel time etc. HE and THE REAST ARE GETTING SCREWED.

dan

a bunch of swap meet rejects !! Probably put a copy of a window sticker on a used vehicle when you buy one ! how much did you pay for your GED ?

mw

He's a cry baby! Yup!

Hoovie

I go to auctions all the time but would not if asses like this would be there just to bid you up
I hope they get rid of this ********

Sherrill

I cannot stand Dave Hester. He ruins the show. Who wants to watch him win all the time. I keep hoping he'll fall flat on his face. I hope he gets kicked off.

lisa Block

I love love love Storage Wars!! My whole family is addicted! We love all of the cast especially Barry Weiss and Dave Hester! Don't let him go! Yuuup! Our family says "YUUP" all the time. By the way I never usually read these type of rag mag stuff.

John Daniels

NOOOO Don't go. He is the reason i watch Storage wars!! Yuuuup!!

greg

I buy storageunits for a living.It`s not quite like the show.There`s not a treasure in every unit.the show realy hurt my income.I lost about$10,000+ in income in2011because of this show!Dave Hester may be an ass but as far as storage wars go,he is the boss,the man, the king!

Susan W

Dave should not be paid more. He should be FIRED! Tired of his self-importance!!!!!

greg

this is my 2nd comment but I dont want to talk about dave or anyone on the show.I buy storage unit for a living and its been my only income for 8 years.It was good for 7 years until march2011.that was when the circus came to town for a storage unit auction.At first it was people spending the whole income tax return that could have bought more important things than an over priced unit trying to make a fast buck.Never to be seen again!A&E,you filled those people with a fake dream&lies!I think you owe them NOT Dave or your other "stars"!!NEXT came the working class with a dream of making a better life and more money for their families.these well thinking not to bright people quit there jobs and take their 401K and other pensions and life savings and go to buy storage units so they can get in on all the treasures.Sorry You owe these hopeful,wanting to improve their way of life,but not always the brightest people thei money back because you filled them with false hope,false dreams,and a false sence of security!A&E you ruind lives and families with your lies and FAKE reality TV shows! for that you stink and are as close to a "CAPITALIST PIG"as Ive ever seen!Now,lets get to me and my way of life!You and your FAKE shows have cost me and many people like me and many people who just wanted to improve on their way of life nothing but problems!As far as I`m conserned,YOU OWE A LOT MORE MONEY back to your viewers!!Not your fake stars! you stink!!>>>I hope Ididnt offend anyone but A&E with this comment!>>

Gabe Lester

You guys are overlooking the fact that without Dave we wouldnt get any more of the classic battles between him, Darryl n Jarrod. He has to be on the show bc it'll much more boring if everyone gets along all the time. The fact they all try to screw each other is why the shows entertaining, unless you genuinely like watching other people bid on storage units. And if so, what a lame life.

bill

Anyone can say yuuup. Dump the self adsorbed child.

ROBIN REARDEN

HEY A&E, GIVE DAVE WHAT HE WANTS, THE SHOW WOULD NOT BE THE SAME WITHOUT HIM, BESIDES I'M GONNA MARRY HIM, HE JUST DOESN'T KNOW IT YET AND WE NEED THE MONEY!!! LOL :)

katherine allsbrooks

He is a big A$$.Ithink barry is the best on that show.So please let hester go.

CB

Get rid of this creep Hester, nothin but a blow hard and that idiot Nablia or what ever her name is another big talkin jerk, the rest of the cast are well worth watching and entertaning. Thanks