'Storage Wars' Star

I Need BIG MONEY

... or I'm Off the Show!!

1/9/2012 4:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0109_storage_wars_video_ex
"Storage Wars" star Dave Hester -- the "YUUUP" guy -- tells TMZ he's ready and willing to walk away from the biggest A&E reality show ever ... if the network doesn't up their "unjust" contract offer.

Hester was out in L.A. this weekend ... sporting a hat with his signature catchphrase on it ... when he told our photog he hasn't locked up a deal to return to the show next season.

The reality star explained, "Right now I'm in negotiations with A&E and I would just hope they would get away from their unjust contract negotiations ... the ball is really in their court."

He adds, "I don't know what their plans are ... but I would like to be on the show. Maybe 'Storage Wars' without Dave Hester??"

And to make matters worse ... Hester says he wasn't even invited to A&E's Christmas party.

A rep for A&E had no comment.

PCGUY760

Love DAVE but he is not the #1 draw, he is #4 after Brandi and her 2 teets, If he does not return i will stop watching, as long as my top 4 reasons are ON then i will keep them on my MUST SEE TV agenda

Anita

Dave is slightly more bareable than Darrell. Whats wrong with that guy? Constantly rippin on his own son.
I see them work together and don't know how that boy
puts up with Darrell. At least Dave champions his kid!

Anita

are they all......."pukes"

Alexb

Dave hester is the best! he can piss off an enitre world with his 1 liner YUUUPPPP

Gioia

Please, please, get rid of Dave Hester. What a jerk this guy is. I hate watching storage wars because he is so obnoxious. I have to turn it off because my skin boils with his yuuuups. What a piece of work. Please let him go! Don't give him more $$

Gioia

If Dave is back then I am gone! HATE that man with a passion. Good bye storage wars!

Amir

Isn't it funny that right before this article, I read the one about how Hester was fired and he is now suing the hsow claiming the Producers planted valuables in the lockers before filming. He claims he was fired for blowing the whistle, and here he is in a completely unrelated article saying he need "BIG MONEY"...lol. Doing anything for that dollar huh Dave?

Shane

There is always that Nabilla chick. Or that guy with the wad of money from season one who kept buying all the lockers.

Frances

I cannot stand Dave Hester as he is totally obnoxious and nasty. He ruins the show and I am thrilled that he is not going to be on it anymore. I mentioned his name to a friend today who watches the show and she can't stand him either. We both LOVE Barry and want to marry him so I guess we'll have to have a duel.

Frances

gunnar davis

i hate dave as much as the next guy but without dave the show would be a huge bust... u gotta have a villian to hate

Jay

AMEN to all the comments! If Dave is really as he plays he is an arrogant obnoxious a**h*** and I'm thrilled to see him GO!!!! SoooooLong!

Terry

Good bye and stay away. You have been an Ass since day one. Not get out and stay out.

GLORIA

SO SORRY MANY PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND U NEED A BUSSINESS BRAIN. TO MAKE A LIVING IN THE TYPE OF WORK U DO. I'D MISS YOU. IT'S GOOD TO SEE SOMEONE WORK'S FOR A LIVING.HANG IN THERE' WE'RE ALL NOT A GENIUS.

Will Bowerz

I hate to get mean this close to Christmas but The (I am better than you) ******* is nothing more than a little whiney bitch!

A&E, you damn sure will not lose viewers if you do as Darrel suggests. Stick it on that rat bastard!

"somebody shut Dave Hester the hell up. no one cares about his wussy knuckle"