'Storage Wars' Star

I Need BIG MONEY

... or I'm Off the Show!!

1/9/2012 4:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0109_storage_wars_video_ex
"Storage Wars" star Dave Hester -- the "YUUUP" guy -- tells TMZ he's ready and willing to walk away from the biggest A&E reality show ever ... if the network doesn't up their "unjust" contract offer.

Hester was out in L.A. this weekend ... sporting a hat with his signature catchphrase on it ... when he told our photog he hasn't locked up a deal to return to the show next season.

The reality star explained, "Right now I'm in negotiations with A&E and I would just hope they would get away from their unjust contract negotiations ... the ball is really in their court."

He adds, "I don't know what their plans are ... but I would like to be on the show. Maybe 'Storage Wars' without Dave Hester??"

And to make matters worse ... Hester says he wasn't even invited to A&E's Christmas party.

A rep for A&E had no comment.

SKay

I haven't read the other comments yet, but I would like A&E to know that I love their show, but it would be so much better without Dave Hester!! He's a jerk, but mainly he doesn't care about the "little man". He's a very greedy person and that's my view from the show...and now this, he want more money to do the show? Leave him out. I can't stand him.

Rlg

Don't renew Hester's contract. All he does is talk about how he's the best, he's the smartest and on and on. It'll be a better show without him.

LA Native

Let the douchebag go A & E, he's the reason I no longer watch this program.

steven katona

YUUUUUUP!!! BRAVO DAVE! BRAVO FOR SHOWING THESE CORPRATE EXECS THE POWER OF ONE! BRAVO FOR STANDING YOUR GROUND AND LETTING THE BIG WIGS IN TV LAND KNOW THAT YOU AINT THE GUY WHO FELL OFF THE TURNIP TRUCK! I KNOW WHAT BEING BULLYIED IS LIKE AND I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE NOT TO BE INVITED TO THE PARTY. GIVE EM HELL DAVE AND MAYBE ITS TIME TO CONSULT A LAWYER! GOOD LUCK!

Mumra the Ever Living

Oh man, this nobody is going to leave the show? What will they do without him? OH, I know what they'll do - they'll hire someone else and no one will ever miss his ugly mug.

Bruce

Mr. Hester never made so much money in his life. He's probably just listening to some publicist or lawyer who says that by making a big stink he'll get more publicity and can ask for more money, after all, every show needs a "Bad Guy" and that is his shtick. As far as I'm concerned, he can go away, just retain Barry and Brandi, they are the only two on this phony show I enjoy watching anyway.

Kevin

Hester ruins the show . He is the reason I don'*****ch it.
Let the A-hole go!

Bobby

This guy was interesting the first season, but now his schtick has gotten old. I'd rather they let him walk and got somebody else.

stella

buh bye

Seldombinlaid

Tear up his contract. Don't let him bite the hand that feeds him! More clowns like him on the street.

TulipSniper

I think this guy is overestimating the popularity of Storage Wars. Who actually watches that crap?

Cheryl

another IDIOT reality thing with NO TALENT thinking he's more than he is! PLEASE let him go and deflate his already too large of an ego! I personally think the show is boring!!

all about the money

Who is this guy? Without the A&E show he would be a nobody even though hes still not somebody doing the show either. Greed is a nasty thing...let him learn the lesson. Don't bow A&E...contract stands or he can go find another show.

cindy

Gee, I wonder why you weren't invited to the Christmas party. maybe cause your an a*s! Good bye nobody wants to see you on the show anyway!

John

maybe they do not want him back...