'Storage Wars' Star

I Need BIG MONEY

... or I'm Off the Show!!

1/9/2012 4:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0109_storage_wars_video_ex
"Storage Wars" star Dave Hester -- the "YUUUP" guy -- tells TMZ he's ready and willing to walk away from the biggest A&E reality show ever ... if the network doesn't up their "unjust" contract offer.

Hester was out in L.A. this weekend ... sporting a hat with his signature catchphrase on it ... when he told our photog he hasn't locked up a deal to return to the show next season.

The reality star explained, "Right now I'm in negotiations with A&E and I would just hope they would get away from their unjust contract negotiations ... the ball is really in their court."

He adds, "I don't know what their plans are ... but I would like to be on the show. Maybe 'Storage Wars' without Dave Hester??"

And to make matters worse ... Hester says he wasn't even invited to A&E's Christmas party.

A rep for A&E had no comment.

Elysa

Hester ! Anybody can be replaced !! He wont be missed !! These "Reality shows " are on because they are cheep to make . Hester thinks he is a super star . LMAO !!!

watcher

Dave Hester is THE WORST part of hte show! We watch every episode - it's great.

Burt

He does make the situation interesting!

Sparky01GT

Hester is just a terrible human being as evidenced by the fact that he no longer talks to his own brother. He is greedy, inconsiderate, and his "catchphrase" is one of the most annoying things on television. It is fairly obvious there is plenty of money to be made from those lockers without having to screw over the other people on the show but Hester seems to enjoy being evil.

spideman

people really hate this guy,
there is a website dedicated to him be a fraud.

marla houche

WHO REALLY CARES THEY ARE ALL FAKES AND CARRY ON LIKE THEY ALL ARE SUPERSTARS.....YOU BUY OTHER PEOPLES JUNK!!!

Chicago Dude

I actually enjoy the show better when Hester is not on. He is a jerk all the way around.

Larry Notgonnatellya

I was on a reality show for a couple of years, not too far back and went through the same thing, the average episode fee is Between $500 and $2000, thats it considering the production company and networks are raking in a 1000 times that amount through advertisers, its best just to walk away. Ive watched the show here and there and could care less but I don't see ratings dropping dramatically if he leaves. For those reading this the real crook is not Dave Hester, it the corporations. And believe me for the amount of money above THEY OWN YOU. Any rating above 2 Million viewers and the network makes a higher tier from advertisers, since this show does over 4.5 Million viewers on the average......Phewwwww He is getting SCREWWWWEDDDDDDD!!!

M

My bf makes me watch this show all the time. I cannot stand this guy. Reminds me of the people back in highschool that nobody liked and were made fun of and they in return were just giant douche bags and hated the world and everyone in it. Chances are he is a gun owner. Watch out.

goldie

All these comments are just going to encourage A&E to keep him - - every reality show needs a villian!

cindy dobbs

He's the only reason I change the channel..... keep your money and let him go... he is no fun to watch.

Moi

He makes me want to smack him every show. I have to lol when he smugly spouts off how much he's going to make on each item.

Ray

he's the worst part of the show, it would be much better without him.

Jenna

oh, please please please let him be off the show. Can't stand him. He's a jerk and he enjoys being a jerk. I'd like to mute every yuuuup. I've never in my life seen anyone take so much glee in being a plain ass.

Lisa

Get rid of him, you don't need him. Can't stand his Yaaahhh.