« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

Tebow Can HAVE My 3:16 If ...

1/10/2012 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Stone Cold Steve Austin and Tim Tebow

Before there was Tebow 3:16 in the NFL ... there was Austin 3:16 in the WWE ... and now the wrestling legend says he's willing to surrender his iconic numbers to the NFL star, pending one GIANT condition.

TMZ spoke with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin -- who tells us he watched Tebow's Mile High Miracle this weekend and was blown away when he learned Tim threw for exactly 316 yards in the playoff victory.

FYI -- the numbers have a special meaning with Stone Cold, who created the famous faux bible verse back in the '90s to humiliate his enemies -- "Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass!!!"

Now, Austin tells us, "Austin 3:16 still rules" ... but adds, "If Tebow can throw for 316 yards again this weekend then hell, he can have the numbers and I'll have no problem with it."

Austin continues, "A guy named John was using it before me ... so if Tebow can do it again, more power to him!"

"I wish him all the luck in the world," Austin says ... adding, "I'm not a Denver fan but Tim's a great role model for kids."

0109_tebow_tebowing_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

chaz lane

Who cares what this wife-beater has to say???

Danny

I WILL ADMIT I AM A WRESTLING FAN AND ALSO A CHRISTIAN BUT THIS IS ONE OF THE DUMBEST STORIES TMZ EVER POSTED . FIRST OFF STONE COLD IS A CHARACTER. WHO MARKED THE STONE COLD 3:16 TO SELL SHIRTS . WHILE TIM TEBOW PREACHES THE JOHN 3:16 SAVE LIVES BY BRING PEOPLE TO JESUS NOT TO MAKE MONEY.

what

hell with all you tebow fans, stone cold steve austin owns 316 he made it bigger than anyone can, stone cold will forever be austin 3:16, so all of you haters go to hell

FletchGuy

Will Tebow please please just g away..Hes a TE pretending to be a bad QB and I am so sick of him. he sounds like a retarded 5 year old on a sugar high when he talks.

john

pats will beat denver...its gonna happen, congrats to denver for a great season but it ends this weekend brady and the pats are just so much damn better the tebow and broncos...not trying to piss off denver fans but it was a good season and it ends with a pats win...pats/packers for the superbowl

DANNY

Stan

I didn't know it was Austin's to give away. I hereby claim all other parts of the bible. They now belong only to me.

Alex

WHAT??

D

get a grip people steve is just goofing around.

Rose

I love Tebow...what a good example for EVERYONE...the commentators are ridiculous constantly commenting and imitating his kneeling position on tv...i'd rather see him then these ghetto dance moves that the players make after each touchdown. why don't we see the commentators making those moves? its refreshing to see Tebow...maybe it will bring some morality back in our world.

Ollie_vee

Let me get this straight: God is willing to run interference in the Pittsburgh Steeler secondary, but he isn't willing to run interference between priests and young boys. What's wrong with this picture?

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

John 3:16 would be translated into Murder 1 in the United States.

SocialCompass

Tebow is a polarizing figure that people either love or hate, truth is we all want to see what will happen next, I write more about it here too: http://wp.me/p22xNl-37

Cindy

Sick of the Christians thinking they are doing some "good" by showing off their religion in such a way. The fact is, both those guys pictured are HAVING SEX, or HAD SEX outside of marriage which is one of the many rules of Christianity. Christians love to "pick and choose" the rules they want to follow.

arale norimaki

"You sit there and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16 ... Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your @ss!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments