David Cross

TRASHES Chipmunks Movie --

Slams 'Jewish' Producer

1/10/2012 8:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0110_david_cross_still
David Cross claims his new movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked" is a piece of theatrical GARBAGE ... and blames the disaster on a Jewish producer who personifies negative stereotypes about Jews.

Cross went on "Conan" last night ... and said filming the movie was "the most miserable experience I've ever had in my professional life" -- claiming the producer forced him at "legal point" to spend a week on a cruise ship, filming scenes in a massive full-body pelican costume (below).

011012_filming_chipmunks_tmzCross then attacked an unnamed female "Chipmunks" producer ... saying she was "the personification of what people think about when they think negatively about Jews."

In the end, Cross -- who also starred in the first two "Chipmunks" films -- urged viewers NOT to see the movie ... saying the whole thing is nothing more than a "big commercial for Carnival Cruise Lines."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Young Horatio

David Cross says: Watch this CSI:Miami kids parody instead. http://hypervocal.com/entertainment/2012/horatio-the-early-years/

kim

Sorry i dont share your view on this movie. I took my daughter and 4 grandchildren: ages 4 thru 10 to the movie during christmas break and we all enjoyed it so much. The children as well as the adults were laughing through the hole thing! Isnt that what The Chipmunks movies all about anyways!

Nick

So any ethnic group can be trashed but Jews. Wonder why??

Billiam Dawlers

If an African-American comic made a joke about black people, or a Hispanic comic made a joke about Hispanic people, it would be a complete nonissue. Why is it a big deal if a Jewish comic makes a joke about Jewish people?

I thought the rule was if you're a minority, you could joke about your own minority group and EVERYONE can make fun of non-minority white people.

James Jackson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Cross for a list of David Cross's criticism of others

Kathy

I bet David Cross had no problem cashing the check for this movie. I think he knew what he was signing up for! I mean a lousy sequel. He expects an oscar winning movie but he is not oscar wothy. Cash your check & be quiet!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5