Jennifer Hudson

I Did NOT Turn Down 'Precious'

Because of the Weight Thing!

1/11/2012 6:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

011112_hudson_still

Jennifer Hudson says her weight was NOT a factor when she turned down the role of "Precious" ... telling TMZ there was ANOTHER factor that rubbed her the wrong way.

The Weight Watchers spokeswoman was in NYC last night ... when she explained, "I did NOT turn down the role because of the weight thing ... I turned it down because I felt it was just too graphic for me at that time."

Hudson's explanation seems to contradict what she told "Dateline" earlier this week (below) ... when Jennifer said she passed because, "I would have had to be the big girl again."

When Lester Holt asked if her decision to turn down "Precious" was motivated by fear of being typecast as a heavy actress ... Hudson said, "I don't like the idea of being boxed into anything."

We called Jennifer's people hoping to get some clarification -- so far, no word back.

0111_hudson_dateline_sub_launch

Delaware D

It doesnt matter. Jennifer already won her Oscar and Gabby got nominated for that film. Its win/win here.

Elle0375

slow day TMZ?

DelawareD - I agree

KicksandGiggles

Is this important? She has the right to choose and should have not to account for her choice to anyone.

afjioeqjioe

She is a horrible actress. I know they gave her an Oscar. But that was because her singing pulled her though in that role.

PG

There is something about her that I find ingenuine.

ObrienLily

my classmate's mother makes $84 every hour on the internet. She has been fired for 10 months but last month her check was $8514 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read about it on this site View More

popo

ok but why did you kill your fammily for fame ?????

Amber

PG, I completely agree with you, I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but you said it well...

Anon

There is something about the word "ingenuine" that I find ingenuine....

tre

i wouldn't have watched it if hudson was in it

Pebblebeach

PG and Amber...I am with you all 100%...it is just something about her...

SouthernGal820

Totally agree with numbers 1, 2 and 5. What's the big deal? I think she's awesome and it's her business what she does and doesn't do.

Phil Mcl

How come tmz never calls out Jennifer Houdson for when Simon on American Idol told she should lose some weight. And Jennifer claimed she was happy with her look and weight. She basically said she was comfortable in her skin and would never loss the weight. Well she sure did fall to the pressure of hollywood and is capitalizing in on her weight loss.

TJones

Guess she's another celebrity Liar, Who's surprised?

MIDNIGHT TOKER

who cares anyways..she cant keep her stories straight as most anyone in hollywood...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments