Lindsay Lohan

Taxes Just Ain't My Bag, Baby

1/11/2012 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan blonde hair
Lindsay Lohan
had no idea she was so deeply in the hole to Uncle Sam ... because she THOUGHT she had accountants to take care of that crap for her ... sources close to Lindsay tell TMZ.

TMZ broke the story ... the I.R.S. hit Lohan with a big, fat tax lien, claiming she failed to fork over $93k in federal income taxes from 2009.

Now, sources close to Lindsay tell TMZ she was completely unaware of the problem. We're told Lindsay actually cleaned house recently and replaced most of her business team.

Our sources say Lindsay believes the debt was most likely lost in the shuffle, but the issue will be handled immediately.

Lohan SHOULD have the cash to get herself in the clear -- after all, she just hauled in close to a million bucks to get naked for Playboy.

1919 COMMENTS

Ellie G

Ketjo, if we get anything more than a few inches I will try to send some snow your way otherwise Im keeping it all for myself :D

big bamboo

her fans say she looks good in red..I think after the IRS thing she will just be deeper in the red

loungecat

Lowhan probably told accountants NOT to pay taxes so she could spend the cash (on drugs? she has very few possessions)... ask Wesley Snipes how that worked for him oh wait he's in prison for tax evasion lol

AGENT smith

A Khardashian not a Khardashian, A Lohan not a Lohan, it's a strange world we live in.....LOL

INSIDER H8TURD, V.P.

NICOLE - don't you want to chime in, or are you still busy beheading barn owls? I bet you are.

ilovegossip

The thing is, with the spinning, you can't have it both ways. They say $93,000 is a drop in the bucket to Lindsay, and she'll pay it now (but don't explain why it took a lien, of course). Then they compare her to everyone else like the Osboune's or Nic Cage. Well, Nic Cage owed 14 million and the Osbourne's owed 1.7 million, so I'm sure they didn't have the cash laying around that they could just pay it off. So, which is it, enablers? Can she pay it off, or can't she? And if she can, then you can't say it's just like all the others...

AGENT smith

Grandma asked about the surfing, I haven't been out yet, just got the board yesterday and I scratched it on the side putting it in the car. I am going to buy a resin repair kit for $7 and patch it just to make sure that it is water tight and tha*****er won't get into the foam of the board. I'm going to take the Boogie board out and see how cold the water is, I have a full wet suit and surf/scuba boots. I haven't been in the ocean in years so I need to work on becoming a strong swimmer, I am going to use the Boogie board for at least a week or two before I try the surfboard. Most people said that I should buy a 9' 6" board or bigger, I bought a 8 ft board so I need to be able to paddle strong to get enough float to catch a wave. It could be difficult for me to stand up and if so I'll buy a bigger board, I only spent $180 and can probably sell the board for that if it's too small.

Ghost Rider

I had a dream I met agent smith last night somewhere on one of his movie sets he claims to work on. He was pretty quiet though, so he was easy to tolerate.

Ellie G

Hows this Julia, you are a lying, fake, boring windbag. Your posts go from barely understandable with your fake accent to spouting your dime store theories on fashion and psychology with no accent. You are a FAKE a BORE and a WINDBAG. Now I will go back to ignoring you.

Hot Farts

Her dog ate the tax bill...I mean the reminder...I mean the other constant reminders, I mean the certified letters and ...oh crap. I forgot she does not have a dog.

MADISYN, LIAISON TO THE H8TURDS!!

Its odd that the fanatics on here claim she's rolling in dough, yet she's only paying her court costs off, what $50 or $100 dollars a month? If she's swimming in it, why not just pay it off and be done with it? Do you people really believe she has 100 k just lying around to pay off the I.R.S.? I don't.

big bamboo

Nicole thinks LIENDSAY is out of this world..and not subject to Taxes.
Red Cloud said months ago that LIENDSAY is in the 1% catagory..and they pay less or no tax..(Guess she is not 1%)Oh sorry that was smith...or both.
Jill says all the law suits against her,tax Liens, Joblessness,Drug problems,married to the court system and sits in non compliance, and kicked out of partys and functions...is No big deal.
---------

big bamboo

OH and BLOGAY said "slurp,slurp,wonk,wonk" the rest was verbal BS conspired by the master of misinformation.
he thinks Lou is a guy...lindsay ownes a planet..and Ali is a piece of furniture...kookoo

Vinsetta

One of my favorite responses from her side is, "she's got more than enough money to pay it." Please, don't tell it to me tell it to the I.R.S. Between supporting drug cartels with her snowblower habit and not paying her taxes on time, she's pretty much saying F.U. to the damn country as well. Complete narcissist. Stop coddling her. She's going on 26 this year, she's not a damn kid.

Toilethead