Widow of Flight 93 Hero:

Wahlberg's 9/11 Comments

Were VERY Disrespectful

1/18/2012 10:22 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_mark_wahlberg_ex_tmz
Mark Wahlberg
's claim that he would've been able to single-handedly over-power the 9/11 terrorists and prevent a plane from crashing is completely "disrespectful" ... so says the widow of one of the REAL heroic victims who RUSHED THE COCKPIT on that fateful day.

TMZ spoke with Deena Burnett-Bailey -- whose husband Thomas Burnett phoned her from that fateful flight saying, "I know we're going to die. There's three of us who are going to do something about it."

0118_tom_burnett_sub
Burnett-Bailey tells us, "Does Mark Wahlberg have a pilot's license? Then I think hindsight is 20/20 and it's insignificant to say what you would have done if you weren't there. "

She adds, "The plan for Flight 93 was foiled by heroes. For him to speculate that his presence on board could have stopped everything is silly and disrespectful.  Sounds like someone is grandstanding."

We called Wahlberg for comment -- so far, no word back.

campy

"The plan for flight 93 was foiled by heroes"?? THAT is speculation. Get your facts straight dooshe.

jlsjls1

If I was asked the question - "what would you have done" - with the benefit of having 20/20 hindsight as MW does, and having 2 small kids, I would have answered that "I would have put up a fight" or "I would have tried to do something". I dont think anyone would answer "I would have sat there" (again, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight). I, however, would not have gone so far to say that I would have landed the plane safely. That was just assanine on MW's part. There were true heros on flight 93, they tried to do something when they heard what happened to the other planes. These hollywood types confuse their fictional characters with reality. God bless the 9/11 heros, victims and families.

kristine

its the rest of YOU who are to blame. he's human not a ******* deity!

Anthony

STFU lady he can say what ever the f**K he wants! geeze people are so f**KN sensitive!

Stormy

Most of us have had thoughts of this kind before and if you say you haven't you're lying to yourself! As for kicking the terrorists a$$ look at Mark and then look at the other guys picture - not being rude or disrespectful but it does look like Mark would have a very LARGE advantage. And for those who said he couldn't land the plane need to look up automatic landing gear... if the plane had the right equipment (which it probably did) it would be possible.
Again, I'm not being disrespectful in my heart those who stood brave and rushed the ****pit are definitely TRUE HEROES!

edna

ok it was i bad idea to say that. but please move on with life.

Matt

TMZ tattletales. Why did you call her? You are just instigators, and whiney little wimps.

Jake

Isn't easy to talk that Sh!t when you aren't there.

Andy

Everybody knows that nobody rushed the ****pit at all and that the plane was shot down by U.S. Military. The story about rushing the ****pit was made up by the government so we wouldn't be mad at them and they handpicked a few names to make them fake heroes.

Jabberwock

MW has always been a huge jerk. He has done much worse than make a few stupid comments. Just ask the old guy he beat up who is blind in one eye or maybe the one he knocked unconscious. MW only picks on the weak.

Sandra

Mark should have kept his mouth shut!!

Asessina

I agree he is a B actor but by his hurtful and ignorant statement I think he just bacame a comercial actor. He wishes he was half the man that the men on that flight were. By now I hope he feels less than 2 inches tall.. Ignorant markie mark.....Glad I never bothered to see your "movies?".

a/h/e

Classic bull**** proclamation by a moron little man followed by a half retreat managed by publicists and agents. In his defense he apparently has been able to do a fair amount of damage to Vietnamese immigrants.

cari

Still love you mark..keep on saying what you feel stay true always!

TMP

I get why everyone is so p***y, you have to be when someone mentions 9/11 but I think what he meant was that if he were there, he would do whatever he had to do to protect his kids. I highly doubt he said what he said to insult those that were there and did what they did. People need to relax and stop FINDING reasons to be so angry and upset. Geeze.