'Avatar' Star Zoe Saldana

TO THE RESCUE

After Bloody Car Accident

1/19/2012 11:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0119_ZoeSaldana_bauergriffinonline
"Avatar" actress Zoe Saldana is one real-life badass action hero -- rushing to the aid of an elderly woman in L.A. yesterday ... after a car accident left a bloody gash on the lady's face.

According to reports, 33-year-old Zoe was driving along in Culver City when she noticed the accident and jumped into action -- helping the woman out of her car and onto the sidewalk.

Saldana called 911 on her cell phone -- and then stayed by the woman's side until an ambulance arrived.

Just when we thought she couldn't get any hotter.

Bird

Nice! Why can't more celebrities be that selfless and considerate?

christy

ELDERLY WOMAN?!@#??@!! wHAT IS SHE, 55?
Jeeze louise people. elderly. Pulllleeeaaasssseeeeee.

jeebus

This I rather read about! way to go!

Truth

TONS OF REGULAR PEEPS WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME. ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE GETS A PAT ON THE BACK CUZ SHE'S A D-LISTED CELEB?? MEHHHH... NEXT! TMZ IS DESPERATE FOR ENTRIES. #TRUTH!!

Jodi

Excuse me, not trying to be mean but what was heroic by what Zoe did? I would do the same thing and so would a lot of other people on this forum. Look at the other people in the picture......they are also sitting with the woman....why are they mentioned? Oh I know....they aren't a movie star.

It's not like there was no one else around and Zoe pulled the woman from a burning car all by herself....that would be heroic. Get a grip TMZ.

Jake

Hot? No. Meh? yes.

Arcadia Rink

Bravo Zoe!

Ozzie X

OMG are we sure that is not a movie set? Dear lord. I'm concerned about the bleeding woman. Zoe looks like she is just trying to get across the street.

fresera

That's in front of the Senior Center at the corner of Culver Blvd and Overland. Not too long ago, I was a witness to a terrible car accident at the same intersection and I assisted the people involved. I'm not asking for recognition but as run-of-the-mill citizen and it didn't take much out of me to help someone in need. Not to diminish her selflessness but I wouldn't call it heroic.

digit0lchica04

Good for her. It is just unfortunate that we live in a world where people are so wrapped up in themselves that this isn't the norm.

Ozzie X

@catheter good on you I jest but it is good you could confirm TMZ's story. Last time I was in Culver City I was mugged in the parking lot at the supper market. Never again... never again.

Ozzie X

my apologies I meant the lovely fresera

SeeLiveMusic

Many of the posts here are an example of why I wouldn't waste my time. I wouldn't want to waste my time or effort helping some self-loathing loser.

Zoe is a better person than I.

Regina

Way to go Zoe!!!!! Now I know why I like her, she's got class.

Ozzie X

@SeeLiveMusic I've sent your response to the FBI to determine what you mean.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments