Al Green

Obama 'NAILED' My Song

1/20/2012 10:48 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Al Green
Al Green just told TMZ ... he thinks President Barack Obama's version of "Let's Stay Together" was "terrific" and, "He nailed it."

Green, of course, is referring to Obama singing part of the first verse of the song last night at the Apollo Theater in Harlem.

Green said, "I was thrilled that the President even mentioned my name, and if the President can get the economy going again and get everything going that he wants to, then we'll all be together."

Politics aside, Obama's singing is pretty awesome.

Brooklyn D

I am not surprised by the comments of the American People. I believe if any minority is elected in to the presidency, they will get just about as much hate. I guess people still believe that only a white man can run the U.S. Hmmmm. Doesn't matter that the debt ceiling has been raised 15-18 times during the Reagan and Bush era. Neither one of them paid off the debts they were suppose to. Hmmm. Doesn't matter that Bush Jr. sent us in to a war for false reasons. Hmmm. Doesn't matter that Bush is the responsible for sending us into default because of the Two wars that the majority of US money went into. Just doesn't matter that Congress fights every advance that President Obama has tried to make. Hmmm I guess it just matters that he is a Black Man. What gets me is the reason is in our face but America doesn't want to call it what it is: RACISM!!!

Asessina

Please stop the racist bs. My family wanted Condoleeza Rice for President but she chose to go back to the private sector. And yes if you've forgotten or dont follow politics Ms.Rice is black.

John

one good thing about this story, obama will be out of office in less then a year...his wife should put down the fork and do a few sit up's

Wilma

Barack were you singing that song for me? I know you was. Thanks. I'm so in love with you too. My favorite song by Al Green is Let's Get Married. Hey that sounds like a good idea. Lets Get Married. How bout it?

Asessina

The err capture of Bin Laden was already since 9/11. Capture of these types takes the cia sometimes years.

michelle

Does this mean he will quit his day job?

That 1

It's mighty funny that you guys weren't talking all that crap while BUSH was running our country into the ground!

Elaine

Loved it! He is one cool president so stop hating.down-to-earth, smart,handsome,sense of humor, etc...Now as President, he's accomplished alot since he's been in the White House for his first term considering how much damage Bush Admin left us in. Hello! (you forgot about that people) There's no way in hell he would've cleaned up all the mess Bush left(in his first term of office) I will vote for him again. Now suck on that you Obama haters!

get a life ho

maybe he cab sing full time when he is unemployed next year .,,.,,,,,

Kris

What a bunch of Republican HATERS.....What does his singing have to do with the mess George W. Bush left him with. Know what your saying before you open your pie holes!!!!

virgosiempre

Just want I want to know....our President thinks he is a "rock star". No wonder this country is in the crapper

Asessina

Tsk. Politic. What was that quote about politics being strange bedfellows. Cant grasp it.

virgosiempre

When will the black rascists in this country grow up? If our country was AS rascist as some ignorant people write, how did our biracial President get elected? All races voted for Barack Obama and his failures as a President have nothing to do with his color but his lack of experience and judgment. The real rascism is against women in high power positions.....now that is real.

virgosiempre

President Bush set dealine to leave Iraq, he started the search for Osama bin Laden NOT President Obama. I didn't care for President Bush after it was reported to Weapons of Mass Destruction but Obama cannot take credit for some things Bush started and then blast him for others. I am sick of the blame Bush theme when he is running for President. When does he become accountable. Are we out of Cuba or Afghanistan? How are things going with Israel and Iran...just asking

CelebJustice