Demi Moore

Rushed To Hospital

For Substance Abuse

1/25/2012 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Demi Moore
Demi Moore was rushed to the hospital Monday night ... and we're told the issue is substance abuse.

Law enforcement tells us a 911 call was placed at 10:45 PM Monday night. Paramedics responded to Demi's L.A. home and after assessing her for a half hour, she was transported to a local hospital.

Sources tell us she is being placed in a facility to "seek further professional assistance." Our sources say the treatment is for substance abuse.

Demi's rep tells TMZ, "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."

See also

Gus

I really don't understand these spoiled stars. Knowing how illegal drugs are just tearing up poor countries like Mexico, why in the world would you buy and use illegal drugs. These are the same idiots that go out and buy a hybrid to save the rainforest and in the same breath go out and buy cocaine which is produced at the cost of the environment and the poor people that are victimized in these poor countries.

Enra Clement

I really don't know why reach people like them use bad things like drugs if I have money I will know where spent , I first make sure left for my kids and give somebody who need for food and church etc. So have nice things to help people if they don't know where spent money because they have so much this is why they use drugs and could be use for something good, somebody could be safe live, just I don't know why doing wrong way you can do more better.

Sammy

maynerd: 16 hours ago

except for cable I don't spend a dime on Hollywood CRAP
____________________________________________________________

I spend less than you do. I check out my movies free from the library. I don't have cable, I access anything I want from my computer. I refuse the contribute to these overpaid crybabies inflated salaries. I also refuse to watch ALL award shoes where these clowns give themsleves awards and act like they just cured cancer when all they have done is deliver lines on a movie set.

I feel bad for Demi, Heather and even Mark Wahlberg. These people live in a fantasy world where they think they can actually fight off sucidal highjackers just because they are actors in an action movie.

Demi and Heather and having a horrible time aging in Hollywood. They are no longer young and hot and they can't deal with reality.

I wish her the best of luck.

gossipgirl86

So he is out having a blast and she is sitting around depressed! Typical! GET IT TOGETHER DEMI!

RandomCommenter

Demi is a bonafide creeper! She went out with her daughter clubbing to feed her cougar fetish. She has slid down the slippery slope of drug addiction and lack of morals.
Her behavior, looks and dignity are long gone.

missy

substance abuse? what are they all taking that keeps them wanting to do drugs? what!..they dont have money to pay their bills?, did they have a son/daughter that was just killed protecting our country?, did they lose their house and go into foreclosure with no one to help and no where to go?, do they have a life threatening disease?, or their kids have cancer?, do they need to pay the IRS a boatload of money and dont have it?, what is it that they need that they arent getting..? i dont get it and i still wanna know what "substance abuse" really means with them..

lady

Been all over the real news this am but no one knows the exact reason yet. Speculation is not real news. Very respected actress in hollywood and around the world. Hope she gets well soon with whatever ails her. She is a beautiful woman with a huge heart.

Scotty

If she has so much trouble aging, what was she doing with a younger man? I would think that would really bring out her insecurities. She should date her age or older, then she'll realize that she looks pretty good for her age.

bella

Hollywood drama that's all! Stars seek headlines no matter what they do, they want it to go public that's why they hire PR's! Keep your name Trending, another reason they join tweeter!

confused

Some of you are assuming that her split from Kutcher caused her drug use. Ever consider that maybe her drug use is the reason that he LEFT?

cokeandpilates

Demi hasn't looked healthy in a long time, even before the end of her marriage. She always looked like she was wound tight and ready to snap. Sorry to say it, but everyone knows "treatment for exhaustion" is code for going to rehab. I hope she gets the help she needs and deserves.

carbonstbum

Looks like the booze wasn't workin. The drugs weren't workin the plastic surgery isn't workin. If she doesn't put some meat on her bones, she won't be working.She's so skinny if she turns sideways we won't see her.

Rhoda Penmark

She's like 90 years old. "Rushed" is the operative word.

Italia

Well, now we know what caused the break-up.

Rolm

Die already sick of this silly drama from an old very old Skank