Paula Deen

Screw Diabetes ...

I'm Eating a BURGER!!!

1/26/2012 6:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Deen cruising through her hamburgerType 2 diabetic Paula Deen is unfazed by her life-threatening disease -- practically unhinging her jaw this week on a Caribbean cruise ... to take a heart-stopping bite out of a cheeseburger.

The picture was snapped Monday on board a Celebrity cruise ship -- where the 65-year-old is currently tempting fate, hosting her annual "Party-at-Sea" vacation for 400 devoted followers. It's hard to see, but there are also fries on her plate.

The cruise left Miami on Saturday -- and it's set to visit Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten on the 7-day calorie-filled round trip.

So far, it's unclear if they serve salads.

0126_stuffed_stars_footer

Jodi

Paula has known she had type 2 diabetes for 3 years and she knows how to take care of herself. Leave her alone.

kr

She has diabetes.. not heart or artery clogging issues. Diabetics can eat cheese and meat. the only thing worrisome on that would be the bread. Everything done in moderation. Salad dressing would be much more deadly I would think.

Matthewcj18

LET HER EAT! This is RUDE. its her own life and just because she is eating a burger doesn't mean it is going to kill her. Wow this makes me love her even more now. Paula eat that burger and enjoy it! because you deserve it!

BEVERLY

You know.Paula cooks for people who like to eat southern cooking.I am a fan of her's and I AM A SIZE 10,and for all the young BOY PUNKS,(stuff it)I am sick to death of foul mouth punks,who rather see a hop up pill taker,fake boobs in fact fake all over.and what she does or does not do IS HER BUSINESS.YOU LIKE HER COOKING WATCH,YOU DO NOT LIKE HER COOKING ,WATCH SOMEONE ELSE.

agree

Dear TMZ DUMB-ASSES, what makes you think diabetics can't eat a cheeseburger??? Read up about diabetes so you don't look so STUPID when you post stupid comments. And what's a heart attack got to do with it? You are so STUPID.

girlshark

Considering all.the bad press being heaped on Paula for her bad.dietary choices, I'm surprised no one has mentioned her worst unhealthy habit; she's a 65 year old obese smoker.

kcrosie

Paula's health is Paula's business. Commenting on someone's eating habits is crossing a line. Back off.

Joy Browning Mundell

Managing diabetes is all about moderation and making wise food choices - it is not about denial. It is unfair to view one moment in time and assume that she is on a path of self destruction. By my count, the balance of carbohydrates in the bread *and even a few french fries) with protein in the burger is fine for a diabetic. This is a highly individual disease and not all diabetics are the same in their reaction to food choices and medication(s).

sherri

Leave her alone.

SandraD

It is obvious that most people bashing Paula haven't clue one about diabetes.

Brandee Holmes

there is absolutely nothing wronwith her eating this...my father, husband, and my deceased mother in law all have/had diabetes...the regular primary care drs. scare you into eating nothing but salads and fruits, and in this case it caused my father to lose weight so fast it complicated the prescribed medicine levels....as long as you are other wise healthy, responsible in exercise and balancing overall eating, i say eat away.....and this coming from a hypoglycemic!

Mary

I am a diabetic and I take meds, and I eat whatever I want in moderation. I eat a burger once in a while, I have been changed my eating habits, nothing in excess. I guess every time Paula eats something,anything we will hear about it.

sid

Blaming her for endangering people?? No. If she said she wants to jump off a bridge, would ya do that, too? People need to be allowed to choose for themselves and not blame others for personal downfalls, flaws and mistakes.

I don't remember her ever saying these were health conscious dishes she cooks. Just like candy bars, chips and a million other items, should we remove them from the shelves because someone said they are unhealthy for themself? The stores would be empty!

Herbert

I am sure she didn't want to end up with this disease but keeping her fate concealed for three years to continue to squeeze money out of us while potentially imposing the same health problem on others knwing full well where it leads is criminal and she should be liable. She deserves to be banned from all media. She lost any credibility she might have had. she has always been disengenuine and is now giving those who sell sex for a living a bad name!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I rarely eat red meat. But every once in awhile, I just want a hamburger. I'm not diabetic, but if I were, I probably wouldn't appreciate anybody trying to police me or call me out for eating that burger.