Paula Deen

Screw Diabetes ...

I'm Eating a BURGER!!!

1/26/2012 6:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Deen cruising through her hamburgerType 2 diabetic Paula Deen is unfazed by her life-threatening disease -- practically unhinging her jaw this week on a Caribbean cruise ... to take a heart-stopping bite out of a cheeseburger.

The picture was snapped Monday on board a Celebrity cruise ship -- where the 65-year-old is currently tempting fate, hosting her annual "Party-at-Sea" vacation for 400 devoted followers. It's hard to see, but there are also fries on her plate.

The cruise left Miami on Saturday -- and it's set to visit Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten on the 7-day calorie-filled round trip.

So far, it's unclear if they serve salads.

0126_stuffed_stars_footer

Brenda

I'm so glad to see the fellow diabetics here coming to her defense. A diabetes diagnosis does not condemn you to a life of salads, guys, you can still have "good" food, just in moderation.

Cheryl A.

Aren't any of you haters diabetic? I am and I cannot seen a darn thing wrong with eating a cheeseburger and fries. If you had a picture of her eating a big cake and washing it down with a milkshake, you might have a story. Just because you are a diabetic does not mean that you can never eat anything but a salad.

stinky mcgee

There's nothing wrong with the cheeseburger except eating the bun. Carbs don't like diabetics.

Michelle

Hey maybe it's just a burger with vegetables, you don't know that. I mean, it's probably NOT but it's good to give people the benefit of the doubt. :p

Janie

There is absolutely no exclusion of cheeseburgers on a diabetic diet. The bun has about 30 grams of carbs, which is perfectly reasonable for someone on a diabetic diet, especially if they have their sugar under control with medication. A cheeseburger is protein and bun and no different than having a 3 oz piece of meat, a little dairy and a dinner roll. Get over yourselves.

JLB

Oh well...her choice.

Pissed Off Diabetic

Fear Mongers! Yeah YOU TMZ! Diabetics shouldn't eat copious amounts of carbs and really shouldn't eat processed sugars but can have most everything in moderation. Quit making blanket statements about something you obviously know very little about. Newly diagnosed diabetics might start seeking their abvice from you and do something REALLY stupid! You're hardly a diabetic role model.

Saints fan

Where is it written that a Type 2 Diabetic can't have a burger? You should do some research on diabetic diets before commenting.

BB not bb

Yeah maybe next they should chase around the chocolate maker on the Food Network and make sure his dentist report comes out clean. If he gets a cavity, maybe people will want to start a class action lawsuit agaisnt him for promoting food that rots your teeth. Maybe if Anthony Bourdain gets shot on one of his treks to visit Kurds, people can sue him for promoting a dangerous lifestyle in search of radical food that can lead to your being killed by radicals.

This is an improvement for her. At least the burger is not on a donut.

Julie

TMZ, this is a new low!!! Unless you know anything about her disease then keep your pie hole shut!! My father had type 2 diabetes, he could eat small amounts of carbs...you know like the bun on a burger....protein is not a problem for diabetes...you know like the hamburger that is in her bun. AND from what I can see if the picture there are also veggies on her burger which once again is not a problem for diabetics. I'm sure she balances her diet out to control her insulin and does not eat ALL bad stuff throughout the day. Yet because you catch a picture of her eating a burger you have to make it sound so aweful. I get so sick of judgemental media....those that live in glass houses should not cast stones!!!!! I'm sure all of you there at TMZ are all Christians, eat clean diets, and never do anything wrong....RIGHT! Now leave Paula Dean and her diet and diabetes alone....she is the one living with it NOT YOU!!!!

Krystle

Diabetes is when you have to cut back on sugar! Yes you have to becareful with starch, as it can raise your insulin levels, but a burger and fries are not the worst thing in the world for a diabetic. Now if she was eating chocolate bars and drinking a regular soda, that would be a story, not this! Maybe you guys should do a little research on what Diabetes is, before you write a story like this, because I really dont think anyone there know exactly what Diabetes is.

mitchell V

Just because your diabetic does not mean you can't have a cheeseburger! Why don't people educate themselves before being so mean about a disease you know nothing about.

Deb

Know what? I'm diabetic too, type II. I also eat burgers. I eat the same food that everyone else eats, I just have to watch my carb intake. Doesn't mean I can have an f'ing burger once and awhile.

Also, butter doesn't cause diabetes and being fat doesn't cause diabetes in everyone. I'm a size 2.

Seriously. Educate yourselves.

Buck

BFD, she's eating a burger. People with diabetes can eat burgers in moderation. Educate yourselves, dip-****s.

victory

It's no wonder Paula Deen is a Diabetic, over weight, and still continuing to chow down. As a television personality, she has a responsibility to set an example on how diabetics should eat, healthily.