Paula Abdul

FIRED from 'X Factor' ...

And Simon Hasn't Called

1/31/2012 7:53 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul was fired from the X factor
Paula Abdul
got the ax from "X Factor" ... TMZ has learned.

It's a stunning development, given that Simon Cowell personally recruited Paula after she was booted from "American Idol."

Sources also tell TMZ ... Paula got the news from a lawyer connected with the show, and has yet to hear from Simon.

Paula's pink slip now sits on top of those delivered to Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones.

Our sources say Simon has not found replacements for the cast members who got booted.

update_bar
Paula just issued a statement, claiming she harbors no hard feelings toward Simon over the split -- "Simon and I, along with Fox and Fremantle, have been communicating about this for a while now, and I have absolute understanding of the situation."

Paula adds, "Simon is, and will remain, a dear friend of mine and I’ve treasured my experience working this past season."

0131_paula_abdul_footer

Sofia

WHAAAAAAT?? Simon is such an ass, hate him

victorrya

Even though I recorded it each week, I had a hard time staying interested in the show at all. It seemed like the show was more about the judges and their egos then it was about the contestants. I also felt that the judges had a huge bias toward R & B and I don't think any other genre of had a real chance in the competition.

Dolly Busey

It is abt time Paula is gone- She cried all the time-

Bryan

What the **** is 'X Factor'?

shoshana

I used to love XF and Simon but after this...lets just say i will NOT be watching again and Simon is a jackass! #teampaula

Bianca

NOOOOO i was okay with Steve & Nicole but not Paula...im gonna miss Paula/Simon banter :(

Birdsht

The three worst elements of the show are now gone. Small hope for the future. They better try harder than the last steaming fecal pile that was season 1.

silversiren

Thank God! The judges have to have some guts to do the hard thing. All the crying drove me nuts.....

tori

Their nuts,if Paula isn't on I'm not watching!!!

karlew

Too bad about Abdul but at least there's no chance I'll have to look at Witchypoo Nicole when I turn on the tv. God that thing is ugly

Bu

Simon can kiss XFactor good bye! Simon has jumped the shark!

patty

wow, already!!! kinda knew she was going, simon looked fed up with her

kingborg

good for the brit to be gone! as for the chi9cks its cause they sent drew home. thats why they are gone.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Hope they cancel the entire show. It SUCKED! Even I have to agree to stick with AI.

charley

I watched Xfactor and liked it for a few episodes, but what annoyed me were not the judges, but too much activity on stage...it takes away the viewers concentration on the person performing and how can anyone judge a singer with all that crap going on behind them.....