Paula Abdul

FIRED from 'X Factor' ...

And Simon Hasn't Called

1/31/2012 7:53 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul was fired from the X factor
Paula Abdul
got the ax from "X Factor" ... TMZ has learned.

It's a stunning development, given that Simon Cowell personally recruited Paula after she was booted from "American Idol."

Sources also tell TMZ ... Paula got the news from a lawyer connected with the show, and has yet to hear from Simon.

Paula's pink slip now sits on top of those delivered to Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones.

Our sources say Simon has not found replacements for the cast members who got booted.

update_bar
Paula just issued a statement, claiming she harbors no hard feelings toward Simon over the split -- "Simon and I, along with Fox and Fremantle, have been communicating about this for a while now, and I have absolute understanding of the situation."

Paula adds, "Simon is, and will remain, a dear friend of mine and I’ve treasured my experience working this past season."

0131_paula_abdul_footer

Jim in Cali

Good. Now they can bring back the hot UK chick Cole and maybe give the show the much needed eye candy it needs.

Probably still not watching but F Paula fake ass

Marie

Paula Abdul is done. She quit American Idol, her reality show failed, and now she got fired from The X factor. There is nothing else for her to do.

Ernest De Brew

I kind of hope not. I would hate to see her and even Nicole Scherzinger off the show.

Maggie

Hope dakota lakota rain hires u paula. Lol

JimboGee

What kind of morons are running the show at x factor. Tell Simon to shove it--- and tell Paula I'd like to take her to lunch.

nof

Simon doesn't have the Cayones to admit it was a bad idea and bad show from the Jump -

-Makes it seem like it was all in the EXECUTION.

Which one guesses he had no control or hand in.

Whiss.

Holly

freaking bring back Cheryl Cole!!!!!!!

Shayron

I like the x factor. But now hell naw.!!! Now it's not going down. You just mess up paula was the Best that was on the factor!!! NO PAULA NO X FACTOR!!!!!!

Pua

Simon, your shows are old, stale, and slipping. There are probably sighs of relief that they don't have to deal with you any longer. I hear Britain needs help... go please.

Jinzo1

I liked watching her, don't know why they would lay her off.

S.Simmons

Think its awesome Paula, Nicole and Steve was let go! Happy Trails :)

Mary Bailey

They really cleaned house. Bet they would have fired LA too I bet he signed a contract that was more beneficial for him than the other two judges.

dierdre

I am so glad Paula Abdul and that obnoxious Nicole and the utterly boring and rude Steve Jones are gone from the x-factor.....Simon needs to get real people on his show, but he also needs to get rid of that bias L.A.Reid......and btw, what has happened to the winner Melanie Amaro?????? Since she won, no one has even heard of her again, and what happened to the BIG PEPSI COMMERCIAL THAT ALL THEY DID WAS BRAG ABOUT DURING THE WHOLE SEASON...Simon should watch out because this show is a total bomb, and it better improve if he wants better ratings....

Lucille

Paula so good, perhaps too good for Simon, yet he needs kind people in his life like Paula. I certainly won't be watching the X-Factor, not even if they bring on Mariah Carey.

dlee

not surprised with the firing of that horrible Nicole, Steve didn't have the personality for the show but am a bit surprised about Paula. Oh well there are alot of talented people out there to take their places. The show is watched mainly because of Simon anyway.