'Star Trek' Star

Popped for DUI

1/31/2012 2:39 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0131_avery_brooks_getty_EX
"Star Trek" star Avery Brooks was busted for DUI ... TMZ has learned.

63-year-old Brooks -- who played Benjamin Sisko on "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" -- was arrested Sunday in Wilton, Connecticut after someone complained he was driving erratically.

Cops pulled Brooks over and after a sobriety test he was arrested for DUI.

If convicted, Brooks could get 6 months in the pokey, although in most states first-time offenders end up with probation -- and as far as we know Brooks has no priors.

A rep for Brooks has no comment.

0323_celebrity_dui_footer

Greygoose125

That Romulan Ale will get you every time.

Robert

I like how TMZ expects these reps to comment. Do you really think they want to talk to you?

Joe Turner

If it was Captain Kirk. He would have been let off with a warning. Racism is an ugly thing.

Swins

How much trouble can he be in, no priors, he's an actor...the only downside is its CT but they are used to rich people and let them off all the time in Wilton.

The Love Sponge

Hasn't done much since 2006. He needs the publicity to get started again.

patty

tmz is always reporting these DUI's, which would be good if any of them got in real trouble, but some how they always end up w/ hardly any sentence - it's just frustrating

jason

That's sad...

But I tell you, if Captain Picard ever gets pulled over for a DUI, I'll be *devastated*!!

Trevis Miho

DUI stories aren't really news..unless someone got eff'd up in the process. I assume just about ALL celebs drink, and most get behind a wheel. The rich ones get driven, the smarter safer ones have designated drivers - and the pros know how to drive messed up without causing attention. Not saying it's right, it's just true.

Regina

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I hope that this is a made up story. I like Avery Brooks. Huge Trekkie here. Deep Space Nine was not my favorite Trek show, but I liked him as an actor.

LeeLoo

The last person I ever expected to get a DUI is Avery "Captain Sisko" Brooks. He never struck me as the drinking type. I hope this was just a mistake on his part and isn't indicative of a larger problem. I wish him the best.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

I grew up in Wilton, Connecticut. Waz up my homies? Not a lot of drunk black men in town when I lived there.

Chrama

Benjamin Sisko is only a small part of this man's career. I remember him best as Hawk. The double .45 carrying side kick to Spencer for Hire who got his own spin off. I used to get disappointed when he was not in a Spencer for Hire episode.

Steinberg

Damn, the alcohol must have singed his eyebrows off! Where did it go?

Steinberg

BTW isn't he the All state insurance guy too?

JenJenJen

Garak will handle this. It will be like it never happened.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments