Nicki Minaj's New Music Video

BANNED from BET

2/1/2012 4:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0131_minaj_bet_ex_stupid_hoe_video
Don't expect to catch Nicki Minaj's latest music video "Stupid H*e" on BET -- because TMZ has learned the network is REFUSING to air it.

We spoke with a rep for BET who wouldn't specify exactly why the network has banned the video -- simply saying BET will not be broadcasting it.

But sources at the company tell us, the ban was put in place because the video's just too explicit for TV.

The song lyrics alone are bad enough -- repeating the phrase "stupid h*e" dozens of times -- but the video itself is damn raunchy too, showing several nearly naked female figures. Normally this is where we'd post the video ... but in this case, just Google it.

It's pretty great -- especially if you like Nicki's butt in a thong.

Katherine Summer

I don't think it's any more graphic or obscene than a lot of the other videos that are out there.

Which is not to say that I like it.

And I think it is going to give people epileptic seizures, which might be the real reason that BET won't air it.

Charles

With all the ass shaking booty boucing video vixens in male rappers videos on BET, which is ran by a woman, why is it banned when a female rapper shakes her ass, and bounces her booty with a thong lost up her ass crack calling out Stupid Hoes.

MzReeses

I just watched this video and literally thought my brain was about to explode.

Pimpcessa

First, I don't believe this woman "represents" the black community any more than that Rebecca Black "represents" the white community. And I highly doubt that is the reason BET banned the video.

Second, I have seen a lot worse/obnoxious/obsene videos, by men and women, black and white.

Third, I think BET banned the video BECAUSE IT SUCKS!

Nuff said...........

jeff

Who makes videos anymore anyway. That went out like 10 years ago. mtv made the video age, and mtv destroyed the video age with reality tv. Am I the only one that thinks all rap/hip hop sounds the same? How can "fans" keep listening to the same rehashed crap? jay z has his baby crying on his song. How is that talented? Learn to play an instrument instead of just pushing play on a button.

gracefullymetal

I just saw the video and BET didn't ban it for the explicitness of the video...they banned it because it SUCKS!
No talent stupid hoe!! I guess now she has a theme song.
'Stupid hoe' fits her well!

Christopher

BET...Really? How are you going to place a ban on her song, but most of the music videos you play are in some way disrespectful to women in other ways. SERIOUSLY...BET Network is embarassing enough to OUR community in general. Come on BET #doBETTER

Mr. Klaw

I don't need to look it up to know I hate it. Never heard this song, but I already know how bad it is. I hope some day people will go back to writing actual songs with intelligent lyrics.

Realtalk

That song is trash just like she is trash I guess lil Wayne isn't writing her songs anymore lol she's trash and looks plastic all her videos should be band!!!!!!! Lil Wayne needs to kick her out the group

BB

I think you confused two videos. Stupid Hoe does have the language but her new video "Turn Me On" is the video with MANY naked (kind of) people in it.

richard

Thanks God there ALWAYS Youtube...:)

jtisha84

When does BET show videos anyway????? oh thats right the 10 second clips on 106 and park. But the video is retarded i agree

The Kid

Really?!?! just watched video, harmless, anyone recall a song that played for months called Thong Song. Plenty more women far more naked. If BET actually cared they would have to ban 65% of all their videos

Mike Wiley

Really? Seriously? Is this crap what we call talent? Watch the video and you will see who the REAL stupid H*E is....

Regina

Didn't Ella Fitzgerald just pass away??? Listening to this crap that passes for music is probably what killed her.