'American Idol' Reject

Panhandling on the Highway --

Got Any Spare Change?

2/9/2012 3:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0207_idol_guy_wm_ex
Who says "American Idol" rejects are a bunch of hopeless losers -- we found one who actually managed to turn his flash of fame into a lucrative profession ... begging for money on the side of the road.

His name's Magic Cyclops -- and you may remember him as the air guitar-playing bandana-wearing weirdo who fired confetti out of his pants during his audition in Aspen last month.

The judges unanimously rejected him -- no surprise -- but now he's found success outside the music biz, panhandlng on the side of a freeway in Fort Collins, CO.

Magic tells us, since his massively public "Idol" rejection, no one has wanted to hire his one-man band -- because "now people know I don’t have the talent I thought I had.”

But after reading an article about homeless people making up to $30k a year just from begging, Magic was inspired -- and decided to hit the road with a cardboard sign ... earning an impressive $0.35 his first day.

For the record, Magic isn’t actually homeless -- he lives at home with his parents, owns a car, cellphone and a computer. But he is kind of a dumbass.

Seldombinlaid

Thanks for clearing things up with that last sentence. :)

Wheelz

Can afford to pay for that $5 coffee at his feet.

EarthAngel

LOL.....am sure the venti STARBUCKS coffee by his feet doesn't help LOL

chelsea opperman

It's a f*cking joke you guys. Lighten up.

Quinn

I know it was sarcasm when you wrote "lucrative profession ... begging for money on the side of the road." - But obviously you have never encountered some of the panhandlers from NYC. They rake in more money than I do and don't have all student loans to pay back.

mop

Cyclops is just a little lost - he's quick witted & a BS artist - cut the hair put on a suit & tie & he'll be a U.S. Congressman in 6 months !

Bud

What is American Idol??

Charlotte

It would help if he didn't have a starbucks coffee cup at his feet......

Bubba

All of you are missing the point! Doesn't anyone understand comedy anymore? You are all complaining about what's actually funny. American Idol was the perfect venue for his act vs. a comedy show--Starbuck's next to him while panhandling "Brilliant" At the end hes tells Steve Tyler, "Let's get a drink!" Awesome

Steven Levin

Why is there a Starbucks cup next to him? He can afford that?

Whatyoutalkin''boutWillis

@#23 great schpelling.

I saw magic at the I-25/Harmony exit and gave him a new Indian blanket, $200, and a Keurig coffee maker but ALL he asked for was a Howard Jones cassingle. Ladies, he might live at home with his parent, but TMZ¡ apparently is up for doing a hack job in researching whack jobs. And he plays Atari. Most of the commenters do need to lighten up. And I'm not talking about your Randy Jackson senses of humor, I mean hit the gym fatties. Get a job, do something productive. The Internet is slowly killing you. That and those Cool Ranch Doritos. Godspeed Magic! We love you in Dillon.

mlcd

He might not be a great singer, but he is an amazing DJ. He was the DJ at my bday party 2 years in a row in Denver at Illegal Pete's downtown. He was so freaking fun. Everyone had a blast.

Whatyoutalkin''boutWillis

#23, you just got higher (no real shock there) and turned into #22. If I wasn't already married meat plow, I'd move to Washington and gay marry you!

TMZ! Please put Magic on TV, Only if you get that "dreamy" dopey surfer to introduce the segment. Harvey you're a genus. Meat plow, I schpelled it that way on porpoise.

We're ALL, NO ALL! - Devolving because of ewe. Follow the herd or you'll get the business end of his Hollywood staff.

Swins

I actually thought this was Russel Brand at first!

Tamara

This guy is not real. American Idol planted him. The audition is fake.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments