Amber Portwood

Allegedly Evicted

For Conning the Government

2/16/2012 2:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0215-amber-portwood-ex
"Teen Mom" star Amber Portwood was tossed out of her Indiana home last month for scamming the government and mooching off taxpayer money -- this according to law enforcement sources.

Here's how it breaks down -- according to Amber's lease agreement, obtained by TMZ, the house she was renting in Anderson, Indiana had been subsidized by the state's "Low Income Rental Housing Tax Credit Program."

Problem is, in order to enroll in the program -- a prerequisite for moving in -- the reality star claimed she made roughly $10,000 a year ... MUCH less than what she actually earned in 2010 ... $280,000.

According to sources, Amber's massive income rendered her ineligible for subsidized housing -- no duh -- and that's the reason her landlords evicted her.

It doesn't really matter though -- Amber's still locked up in jail, awaiting final approval to enter a court-appointed drug rehab program.

EggsOverEasy

What happened to her eyebrows? Was she in some kind of accident??

Cognizant _illiberal

These teen moms encourage young teens to get pregnant because they see these low lives doing it and getting paid a quarter of a million dollars a year

Superman

Who's the idiot that would pay her $280,000 in one year?!? She would probably do a "reality" show for free.

Cheryl A.

Don't they verify income in Indiana? A pay stub, last years income taxes or SOMETHING?

Angela

$280,000 a year for doing what?? Getting knocked up at 16? Are you freakin kidding me? Who is paying these teenagers this kind of money and for doing what? Even with that kind of money this girl can't keep her nose out of trouble. Give your daughter a life woman, you've been handed this wonderful gift and apparently should have saved a huge nestegg to do so by now!! You claimed you only made $10,000 when you made $280,000??? WHOLLY COW!!!

Joan K

Oh yuck, just plain yuck. What a dog.

Dumba$$es

$280,000 MTV pays these stupid whores. Wow. Pathetic and the people that watch it are even worse.

Missy

How in the heck did she make $280,000???

UPYOURS

And next we will hear that the government is going after her, to make her pay back the money, which will mean more jail time, as she most likely won't have the money to pay the debt. And the beat goes on......

RunzWithScissors

What a trashbag. This really pisses me off. I had my son when I was 18. Guess what? I got a job AND went to nursing school, I took out private student loans so I didn't have to take a dime of government assistance. I paid my rent, I took the bus when I couldn't find a car. It's not f*cking hard people. Now it's 11 years later and all my student loands are paid off and I support myself. These people make me sick.

antoinette

really....can she plz do something about the eyebrows?

paige

Wow! She made way more than me (by approx. 250,000) and I work for a government agency. There is a lot wrong with that considering she doesn't even have a high school diploma.

Joao

It's almost the truth, regardless to what she made. she blew it. My question is WHY DID YOU HAVE TO RESURRECT HER?!! That fat, ugly ass boyfriend with the cell phone welded to his ear will surface with another lame Indiana-like hokey t-shirt scheme.

Jay W.

This girl is a dirty nasty little sl.t ! I bet anything goes with her in the sack. I like her. lol

Adrienne