Charlie Sheen

APOLOGIZES to Ashton

You Don't Suck, Bro

2/21/2012 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0220_charlie_ashton_EX_01
Charlie Sheen tells TMZ he feels REALLLLY bad for saying Ashton Kutcher "sucks" as the new lead on "Two and a Half Men" ... and now he's issuing an official apology to the actor.

It all started on "TMZ Live" last week ... when Sheen called in and told us, "I'm tired of lying ... I'm tired of pretending the show doesn't suck ... I'm tired of pretending Ashton doesn't suck."

But Sheen has since had a change of heart and drafted a letter to Kutcher ...which reads:

"Dear Ashton,

My bad.

I was disrespectful to a man doing his best.

I got excited and I threw you into the crossfire, but the rest of my statement I stand behind. You however, deserve better.

Safety in your travels good sir.

CS"

So, we gotta ask ...

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

Miss Chiff

I'm confused...I tried to watch the "new" Two and a Half Men with Ashton and just couldn't stomach Ashton's (apparently trademark) juvenile humor and acting. In the past 20, or however many years it's been since That 70's Show, Kutcher's comedic acting had not evolved in the least (I couldn't stomach That 70's Show either, it was too juvenile to amuse me even at it's ?height? of popularity so the same type of humor all these years later was just too pathetic to endure). But here's my confusion: Did the new Two and a Half Men also fire the original writers from the Sheen episodes because the scripts and story lines seem to have been painfully dumbed down as much as Kutcher's own juvenile humor. I don't get it. With cheap to produce reality TV saturating our viewing options and good sit-com writers having less and less available work, how did this show go from adult, borderline sleazy but gotta love the bad boy's finesse and blatant, unapologetic devotion to his lifestyle to becoming some weak and strained version of comedy? It's almost as if Kutcher and/or a bunch of high school sophomores are writing the show and I'm guessing that's the only demographic who would be even vaguely amused by it. It's sad that Charlie Sheen went bipolar publicly but this cheap imitation of what had been a clever, adult comedy now views as a desperate attempt at life support for a sit-com which has no heart, soul or even a pulse. Just my opinion. Maybe they should have tried John Stamos, though Charlie Sheen was and always will be the only authentic person to play that role, period.

RC

don't you all think that instead of replacing Charlie with Ashton it would have been better with Alan, Potato Head and Herb (Judith's new husband) and all thier fumbling exploits?? Like bringingback Allen's girlfriend Mellissa and her drug fried mother????

Shiloh

Ashton can appeal to a larger audience that Charlie Sheen but he needs better writing. The sloppy computer geek look needs to go also. The other two actors are already solid.

donna morris

he sucks as charlie nobody can never be charlie but charlie is his on person he is sexy funny and very handsome he is charlie sheen and love his shows i think his producers made a big mistake

Sunshine

I wanted to like the nes Two and a half men' watched it several timestrying to but just don't care for the DUMB act that Ashton's character is doing. Did not ecxpect another Charlie, did not want to, but they could have mixed a great deal more witty intelegence in Waldon then that. They already made the kid look dumb, did they need another? I would deffinately watch it again if they smartened Ashton's roll up. Stupid is short lived. Would like to see a good midway between Cheen's smart ass character and Aston's dumb ass one.

Joy

Sorry but Ashton is only best known for being married to Demi, Charlie looks like an old man, Drugs are never kind and it shows. Mind and Body messed up

Frank Minja

Thats great, nothing is wrong with that.. All i say it's great

nassim

ashton suck, charlie is better than ashton

Ana

brujo

rooit

Watch All Charlie Sheen News, Commercials,Roast,Spin City,Comics on CharlieSheenRocks.org

Mateo

Two And a Half Men was killed with Charlie Harper.

Ashton Kutcher has not grace.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13