Lindsay Lohan

I'm Living & Breathing Liz Taylor

to Prep for Movie Role

2/21/2012 11:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay just inked a deal with Lifetime to play Liz Taylor.
Lindsay Lohan ain't no slacker -- TMZ has learned, the actress is studying up hardcore for her new movie role ... doing everything she can to accurately portray a young Elizabeth Taylor.

In case you haven't heard -- Lindsay just inked a deal with Lifetime to play Liz Taylor in the network's new made-for-TV biopic called "Liz and Dick." Production is scheduled to kick off late March, after Lindsay's probation is terminated.

Lindsay is telling friends, she's taking her new gig extremely seriously -- "obsessing over getting the part right" for the film.

According to sources, Lindsay is doing nothing but watching old Liz Taylor movies to help her recreate the Hollywood icon's posture, speech, and every other little detail.

We're told Lindsay has also been watching old Liz interviews online and reading a bunch of Liz biographies.

Lifetime is taking a hard stance with Lindsay too -- demanding she complete ALL her probation requirements before filming begins ... which Lindsay has promised to do.

Skeptical

Hey RC, by the looks of all the comments I've read on this thread alone, not counting the "regulars", I'd say she's trending at about a 99% OH HELL NO rate. Get a clue, dipsh*t.

ilovegossip

I do hope that she really has signed, and this wasn't some type of publicity stunt to put pressure on Lifetime to sign her. Because if it is, I think it failed miserably, based on all the (well known)site polls that state overwhelmingly that Lindsay will not do Liz justice. If Lifetime pays any attention, they may just change their mind...

rsmik

No big deal, it's a Lifetime movie, so it's garbage even if Meryl Streep starred in it.

CoolPhosphorescentShimmer

I wonder why DUIna ditched Dr. Drew? Or, as they like to call it in Hollywood, Pulled a Lohan? I guess she took her cue from her charming, trustworthy daughter who couldn't bother to honor her commitment to the Ellen show.

I hope SNL has someone watching her full time, round the clock, to make sure she makes it there and doesn't wander off in search of sparkly things to snort or steal.

Susan

There are so many other very talented, stayed out of trouble, worked their way up women that can play Liz. Hopefully the casting people have taken their time in picking someone to play Liz Taylor.

Joey

Miss Taylor must be spinning in her grave. Hiring that cheap, no talent skankoid to portray the amazingly talented Elizabeth Taylor is an atrocity. My Mom-in-law knew her btw, and says that the first time she met ET, they were both teenage girls & ET came floating down the stairs in their house with a plain jane dress on, and absolutely no makeup. My MIL said she was the most beautiful person she had ever seen, sparkling violet eyes and skin & bone structure to die for. Now picture the cracken playing her, with her drugged out eyes and horrible looking skin. Lifetime should have to pay for creating such a monstrous piece of garbage. I hope no one will watch it.

CLINT

I don't get why the entertainment industry is still wooing this girl for roles. I'm positive that there are a thousand women better suited to play the role of Elizabeth Taylor. Even a new face with acting talents should be tried out.

Sicilian

Please...that's an insult to Elizabeth Taylor. Lindsay doesn't have the depth and her personal life will distract away from the story. Let her try something more lighthearted first before tackling legends.

nacho

No where in this life time will that piece of trash Lohan have any where NEAR the class that Ms. Taylor held.. NEVER...

Mary

I see a flop in the making. Megan Fox would have been a better choice.

Cindy

I'm happy for her. Everyone deserves a second chance. She actually is a pretty good actress, and may even surprise us with greatness. Go get em, Lindsay.

Jay

I dont get why Lifetime would hire an actress who they have to wait for their probation to come to an end because they are a hop skip and a jump away from a year long jail sentence? Why hire an actress who is unreliable time and time again when on the set? She couldnt even make it to do a 10 minute Ellen show interview, she blows off mag interview after mag interview most recently Plum. Why would Lifetime choose this undeserving actress over all the deserving actresses who could do Mrs. Taylor justice.

What did Elizabeth Taylor do to deserve this? Im all for a Lilo comeback but to play such an classic icon sorry she doesnt fit the bill. But I guess it is just a lifetime movie afterall really no big deal.

Now that she has this gig does that mean she will get rid of that white ratty nest on her head?????? She looks much better with darker hair.

Aquarianne

The only thing I can figure is Lifetime knows it's a dog of a movie so they picked a publicity hound to play the lead.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Everything....except taking acting classes.

Anyway, don't matter, I don't watch that channel, who does? Old ladies?

yomama

she is hideous compared to Liz Taylor.