Whitney Houston

ROCKIN' OUT

to Madonna's Halftime Show

2/21/2012 4:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022112_whitney_superbowl_ex

Just five days before her death, Whitney Houston was GETTIN' DOWN to Madonna's Super Bowl halftime show ... singing and dancing to the music like her old self ... and TMZ has the footage.

It all went down Feb. 5 at a bar inside the Regent Beverly Wilshire hotel ... where Whitney watched the entire game with close family and friends. For the record, we're told she didn't have one drink.

But she did let loose ... because when Madge busted out Vogue ... a super-excited Whitney sang along and even busted out some of the trademark Vogue dance moves.

Sources close to the actress tell us ... Whitney RAVED about  the performance and then reminisced about the days when she would battle Madonna on the music charts.

At least someone was a fan of the show ...

Steven

Wow, i can't beleive the nastiness of some people.Whitney was an awesome singer, so give it a rest. Glad she enjoyed Madonna's show.I know I did. What's up TMZ? Making like nobody liked her performance. I know its the thing to knock people, but she did a great job and i know lots of people who loved it.

Nathan

At least someone liked the show? That was the best halftime show I have ever seen. And one of Madonna's best performances.

Sarah

This makes me so sad and am really gonna miss her. She looks like she was having lots of fun there. Whitney always had a good sense of humor and seemed down to earth. I dont know why people on here are saying she looks like shes "on something" she looks normal to me. She was just having a little fun leave her alone. RIP Whitney you will never be forgotten.

helen

Whitney has always been really gracious -that I'm aware of regarding Madonna. Check out:

AND http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3unrmjezAw (which is an incredibly honest answer in retrospect).

There never seemed to be the feud with her like other pop stars:

Miss Jackson or Mariah which is legendary!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mvgB44H1eA&feature=related.

Rosileide Cortez de Azevedo

é uma pena, mais é a vida, logo vai todos desta gerasão, bjs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcos

This video just 2 days before her death! She with Brandy, Monica and Clive Davis:

Jason

I hate Madonna. She did not even say a word on Whitney. If there is one celebrity I would not care at all when they die, it is Madonna. Glad her single is tanking after all this huge promotion.

Different Rules Apply

I find it strange that no one around her appears to pay any attention to her whatsoever ~ it's as if she is sitting there all alone. Were they so indifferent to her at that point? Weird and possibly sad.

Angelsong1

Madonna was blah,yuck, BORING -period.Old and dated she should move over and let Lourdes do her young thing , they look just alike so unless Lourdes can really sing no one will even know the difference.Enough said. Whitney was having a good time, I pray this is a wonderful memory for Bobbi Kristina as it was one of her last with her mother. Again enough said......

aboooot

Madonna's halftime show was clearly one of the most entertaining of recent years.
I can't take how ageist and sexist you folks at TMZ are. You sit behind your desks and spew hatred when we should be celebrating the accomplishments of these people. The american dream. Madonna has not succumbed to drugs, scandal, but has led and paved the way in a very difficult industry. She is and has accomplished the American dream-and we should celebrate that. I would like to see ANY OF YOU accomplish 1/4 of what she has done in the last month- let alone the last 30 years. What is wrong with you people??

B

I think its disgusting the way people are commenting on Whitney with all te crack jokes.. The women died have some respect... Maybe if someone close to u dies due to addiction you would have a better outlook on it... I was never a Whitney fan but if she enjoyed Madonna's performance good for her.! In reagrds to Madonna lip syncing so did Janet and so did Britney and Nysnc with there halftime shows.. How cares!!! Madonna did however sing Like a Prayer live! Those that are Madonna fans know she she sings live in her concerts with the exception of 1 or 2 songs!

bill

Madonna's half-time was clearly the best show ever and you people at TMZ never celebrate someone's accomplishments. you are ageist and sexist. I'd like to try and see one of you do a 1/4 of what madonna has done this past month alone. let alone the last 30 years.

Hard Candy

Good on ya Whitney, rest in peace.

joseph wilson

Whitney was a beautiful down to earth God fearing woman and now she is with our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ, the King of Kings Lord of Lords. Undisputed Queen of pop music Madonna's Halftime show was awesome.

PJ

Slagging Madonna is so 1980's. Ever since she started her career people have been criticizing her. You think she gives a sh*t 30 years later? I've never been the biggest fan, but really people, let it go. It says more about you than her.