Sacha Baron Cohen

RIPS The Academy,

You're Just Like an Evil Dictator!

2/24/2012 7:42 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0224_dictator_sacha_speaks_launch
Sacha Baron Cohen is comparing the Oscars to a power hungry tyrant ... pointing out how the Academy has stripped him of his right to free speech ... just like his dictator alter-ego would do. Oh, the hypocrisy!

SBC released a new video statement -- while in character as General Aladeen from his new movie "The Dictator" ... in which he says, "I am OUTRAGED at being banned from The Oscars by the  Academy Of Motion Pictures Arts and Zionists.”

He adds, "While I applaud the academy for taking away my right to free speech ... I warn you that if you do not lift your sanctions and give me my tickets back by 12 PM on Sunday, you will face unimaginable consequences!"

Cohen also takes a shot at Hilary Swank ... presumably because she attended a birthday party for an alleged war criminal.

In case you haven't heard -- the Academy reportedly BANNED Cohen from attending the awards because it got word that he would arrive dressed as General Aladeen ... and officials felt the stunt would take away from the prestige of the event.

Ozzie X

Sacha Baron Cohen has lost his touch, this was just stupid.

RaffyBStatenIsland

If you want to be treated right at the Academy Awards, don't tick off the Academy!

Phoenix1

I find him annoying, and not funny in the least...but could care less if he attends the Oscar's or not...as I don't watch them.

Joe

Sacha is a no talent. The only thing he feels he has to do is shock people with jokes and actions that arent funny. Get a job Sache. You are talentless !

JFO

Take away from the prestige of the event ... are you kidding me???? This is a Hollywood three ring circus; they make their ratings off of people showing up half-clothed and/or half in the bag. I might actually watch this televised Hollywood mutual circle jerk if he shows up.

SLH

wow ... this looks about as funny as a dead kitten. he's past his use-by date

Rotter

What's gonna happen when he has to really act? I'll tell you- nothing, because he can't act. He does is what I call "special effects character acting".

Tracy

The right to free speech is a right extended to individuals through the government's constitution. In other words, they can't haul you off to jail for speaking your mind. It does not apply to private industry. Private businesses can ban anyone they want for any reason. Why don't people get that? "No shirt, no shoes, no service." Same principal.

R

I will not be surprised if he crashes the red carpet event. I think he will, anyways.

bb

This dude may be like 45 with a sense of humour of a 15 year old...but he is right here. The Oscars is nothing but a bunch of self-congratulating old farts kissing each other's butts.

yessir

This was stupid and not funny.

bagladey

I agree with no shilling, advertising or gimmickery on the red carpet; if not then everybody could come "in character" and just play the arse, but that's not what the red carpet at the Oscar's is all about.

Bob L

I think he should be allowed to appear as anyone he likes. He is a very funny man.

Woot

LOVE you, Sasha!! Keep pushing those buttons, dude!

Debulator

Cohen is an over rated entertainer (and I use that word loosely here) who isn't creative, clever or funny. Glad the Academy did what it did. Tell this idiot this isn't the MTV Awards.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments