Whitney Houston

Funeral Home Denies Leaking

Casket Photo

2/25/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0225_whitney_houston_getty
The funeral home where Whitney Houston's body was kept last week is denying that it played any role in leaking a photo of the pop legend inside her casket.

Carolyn Whigham, owner of the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, NJ, tells the Daily News she is devastated that the photo is out there and says her staff had nothing to do with it.

She tells the paper, "We did not take that photo. We did not sell the photo. We would never do something like that."

Whigham says she has received numerous threats since the publication of the photo, but that Whitney's family has told her they do not blame the funeral home.

FYI -- eight days ago, someone shopped that pic to TMZ ... we passed.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

asia

this is a mockery, photographs of her in a coffin. Freaks)))))

Devon

I Love Whitney houston!

Beaners

Yes it is a Noble thing that TMZ did not accept the offer to purchase the photo. But someone has a name, and that someone should be flushed out in public! There is a name associated to the Check National Enq. wrote!

thomas

you are some asshloles
i respert whitney houston

RaeD.

I don't know why everyone's panties are all twisted into a bunch about this. I've seen the picture online; it was a tasteful/respectful snapshot and Whitney looked really nice. Honestly, I'm glad that I got a chance to see it. I'm not sure exactly why...but it was comforting to me to get one last glimpse. Her level of stardom almost demanded a state funeral; or at least what they call 'lying in state'. The NJ governnor even flew the state's flags at half mast for Whitney! In her heyday, Whitney was such a wonderful, popular woman, and such a force of nature to behold, that I find it a bit selfish of her family to try to keep her last images completely private and reserved for only for a select, privileged few.

Autherine D. Richardson

So what if Whitneys picture was taken lying in state. I dont see anything wrong with that. Emperors,the Sha, Kings Popes are all seen before they are buried. Yes, the fans are only good to spend our money to make you guys rich. Bull**** about my fans are my family because when your idol is gone we dont get the chance to say goodbye.

Karen

Yeah, you're big friggin' heroes TMZ for passing on the casket photo.

Show us the "death tub" again?

concerned

MY GOD, MY GOD, MY GOD....Ms. Whitney, i know that you are resting in peace with GOD because HE is the only one who could create a dynamic and beautiful spirit like you. Whenn you came out you were already a grown woman....your spirit was just strong, firm and unwaving. I know that you have left loved ones behind but GOD knows what is best. REST IN PEACE....MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS AND KEEP YOUR FAMILY UPLIFTED IN THE SPIRIT OF GOD

superbadnerves1

Thanks for passing its unlike you guys maybe you have a heart for things other than animals afterall

D

You showed every picture of Michael Jackson alive and dead, why not Whitney Houston????

Rakeem

Thats why they are showing photo of whitney houston died in the caskest Because some people dont understand how whitney houston died.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9