Lil Wayne

I Didn't Drunkenly Torpedo

Bahama Concert

2/26/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0224_lil_wayne_EX_01
Lil Wayne claims he did NOT pass out drunk before a Bahama concert in 2009 ... resulting in a canceled show -- this according to new legal docs obtained by TMZ.

TMZ broke the story ... Weezy was sued back in 2009 by a promotion company called Red City Entertainment -- which claimed it fronted $432,000 for a concert in the Bahamas, but Weezy drunkenly slept through the whole thing.

When he failed to show, Red Light claims cops showed up to the rapper's hotel room and found him unconscious.

But Weezy insists it's all BS -- claiming, "At no point [that night] did I become so intoxicated that I passed out on a bed in my suit, or anywhere else."

Wayne says the real reason he didn't show up was because the concert was canceled -- he can't remember exactly why ... but believes it had something to do with technical difficulties, like lighting and sound problems.

Wayne is now asking the court for a judgment in his favor.

VictoriaGirl

Maybe the reason why he cant remember why the concert was cancelled was because he was passed out drunk at the time.

Woot

What I don't get about guys like Weezy..... when you're already lacking in the looks department, why pile on even more ugly by accentuating negatives?

I know, I know... I'm just old.

Smarg

Wow, a lot of the comments are from spam bots.

Anyways, the only ones to blame for even caring about this fatherless welfare thug is the Hollywood media. That includes YOU, Harvey.

bb

I don't hate all tattoos but as soon as you get a neck tat you may as well hang a sign around your neck saying "I'm an inbred, mouthbreathing dope".

moxie

Weezy??? What is this, an episode of "The Jeffersons"???

Ryan

BahamaS. Ok TMZ, Not Bahama. It is the BahamaS. Your writers can't be this retarded.

TheHOLETruth

These stories are making my head hurt. Same of crap, rapper types either dodging paying their baby MamaS, bailing on concerts, owing Uncle Sam, fighting, drugs, won't pay their bills while flashing their loot. The reason this piece of crap isn't paying is that those dumb ghetto rats have no concept of S-A-V-I-N-G their money. They're used to waiting their welfare cheques, blow it all in a day on cigs, soda, drugs, cable and booze and then kick back and wait for the next cheque. I wish the guy luck getting the California Celebrity Courts to do the right thing... they're enablers.

Robert

That's bull****! He says he doesn't remember because he knows the truth and is trying to hide it. I live here and we all were aware of the reason. He was f@#%&ed up on something just about the entire time he was here! He pissed off a lot of people that paid alot of money to see him play. It made the news paper here as well. You can contact either The Tribune or The Nassau Guardian for more info

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Do you mean suite? One letter, different word, almost makes sense. Except, he seems to refer to his suit as a location. Makes me think he said suite not suit.

hus

I live in the Bahamas and this not true. I remember the concert being canceled due to the rainy weather.

yo whezzy is the best yeah he was drunk so what who isnt

DRE

Dont worry u would be favoured

gonad

Why doesn't someone get a video of him giving his explanation? We would all get a real kick out of his bad attempts to lie.

Celebrities Suck

Unless you live in ghetto/projects you'll get his music. I bet he never even went to high school! TMZ on your next meet up with this loser ask him how to spell something.... Most celeb are drop outs!

Chaim Estevez esq.