Kirk Cameron

Blasted by GLAAD

Over Gay Marriage Comments

3/3/2012 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0303_Kirk-Cameron_glaad_ex
Kirk Cameron's comments to Piers Morgan on gay marriage are not sitting well with the folks at GLAAD ... who think the former "Growing Pains" star "sounds even more dated than his 1980s TV character."

Cameron said during last night's show that he does not support gay marriage, and when it comes to homosexuality in general ... he said, "I think that it's ... unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

Herndon Graddick, Senior Director of Programs at GLAAD, tells TMZ he feels Cameron, a Born Again Christian, is "out of step with a vast majority of Americans, particularly people of faith who believe that their gay and lesbian brothers and sisters should be loved and accepted based on their character and not condemned because of their sexual orientation."

A GLAAD spokesman says they plan on monitoring Cameron's media bookings and various acting gigs to ensure "the news and entertainment industry is aware of his outrageous anti-gay views."

puhleeeese

Kirk Cameron is entitled to his opinion and beliefs. Funny how certain groups in America want fair treatment, but they only want it extended to people who believe like they do. You can't force people into thinking homosexuality is "normal". We are never all going to agree on this, so we need to respect the right of other people's differing opinions.

justsaying

WAY TO GO KIRK! NEVER BE MORE AFRAID OF WHAT OTHER PEOPLE WILL SAY ABOUT YOU OR TO YOU, THAN YOU ARE AFRAID OF THE POWER OF GOD!! MAVERICK (NO.1) has GLAAD loving him. But what he dosen't realize is that when he dies (and he will) and face God (and he will), there won't be a single gay or lesbian standing behind him singing his praises. He's going to be on his own. And if he has to be on his own with God then, well, he'd better try to find a way to be on his on with him now. Gays and Lesbians don't care about God. It's all about them. They KNOW God is against what they are doing. That's why the only church they will go to is one led by a gay or lesbian. And I don't know why they bother with that kind of church because God isn't there. He's not listening to a single word they say or a single song they sing. But the Devil has a front row seat.

MC

Kirk Cameron hasn't been relevant since 1985. I could give a crap less what he thinks about anything.

Lauren

Who are you to say that Kirk is "out of step with a vast majority of Americans". No, you are. I absolutely agree with what Kirk said. See how GLAAD you'll be when GOD ends your wicked life and you wake up in hell one day. Don't back down Kirk, the bible says "If God be for us, who can be against us".

Grace

Not everyone agrees with the gay lifestyle. People do better when they know better.

benice

I agree with him. There's going to come a point when the homosexual agenda will backfire - can't wait for that day.

Grace

I don't give a crap what GLAAD has to say either.

MoonLight

Well, I hope none of his kids turn out gay.

Nik

Kirk gets an opinion too. That's how it works.

R

Kirk can believe and stand up for that. And Graddick saying the "vast majority of Americans" is a sweeping generalization to suit his purpose.

MC

Kirk is gay.

Mack

I disagree with Kirk, but he is still entitled to his opinion. I won't try and force my views on anyone. You don't have to beat him up for it.

Ayla

I support him 100%!!!!

Tonya P

I agree with him.

LuvLeeRita

Finally someone has the cajones to step out and speak his mind and not worry about being P.C. I admire this man and his beliefs and although they may not reflect what SOME may believe, they ARE HIS beliefs and should be respected as such.