Kirk Cameron

Blasted by GLAAD

Over Gay Marriage Comments

3/3/2012 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0303_Kirk-Cameron_glaad_ex
Kirk Cameron's comments to Piers Morgan on gay marriage are not sitting well with the folks at GLAAD ... who think the former "Growing Pains" star "sounds even more dated than his 1980s TV character."

Cameron said during last night's show that he does not support gay marriage, and when it comes to homosexuality in general ... he said, "I think that it's ... unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

Herndon Graddick, Senior Director of Programs at GLAAD, tells TMZ he feels Cameron, a Born Again Christian, is "out of step with a vast majority of Americans, particularly people of faith who believe that their gay and lesbian brothers and sisters should be loved and accepted based on their character and not condemned because of their sexual orientation."

A GLAAD spokesman says they plan on monitoring Cameron's media bookings and various acting gigs to ensure "the news and entertainment industry is aware of his outrageous anti-gay views."

Amy

First of all, I am not gay, but I do know that the vast majority of people in the US do not feel that gay marriage should be illegal. Unfortunately, not enough of those people ever bothers to vote. Secondly, Kirk Cameron is ignorant to try and make statements about what the vast majority of people think, and if he thinks his statement is true, then that just proves how ignorant he is. Lastly, I don't remember any incident where a gay person's behavior was detrimental to society. I do, however, remember a conservative right-winger who was President and he destroyed much of the livelihood of society, causing millions to become homeless. I believe his name was Bush, Jr., although, I like to call him "Shrub".

Amy

It is tragic that conservative Christians are no longer allowed to voice their opinions on these social topics. If some person has a "liberal" opinion, we are required to listen to it and would be condemned if we judged it. Who was the genius that determined this was a one-way street. Freedom of speech no longer pertains to conservatives? The Bible is God's word, a truth that does not change with the times.
As a Christian, just because I do not agree with gay marriage does not mean that I judge homosexuality! Only one man walked this Earth without sinning. No one should be judging any one else's lifestyles or beliefs. But, I reiterate that this must be a two-way street with respect of opinions on both sides. It is quite interesting to me that those that support gay marriage claim that Christians are judgmental, yet it is those same supporters that are throwing out the names and hate-based commentary.

Sapphiegirl

What people do in the privacy of their bedrooms is no one's business (unless it involves child molestation). But why do they want to change A TRADITION THAT HAS EXISTED FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?? If you're gay fine, but don't infringe on the tradition of marriage so your same sex partner can get "family" benefits. Pay a lawyer and draw up legal papers if your sooooo afraid that your "partner" will be left out in the lurch if u get incapacitated or dead!

JMTPVP

GOOD for you Kirk. Most don't have what it takes to be honest....they all walk the disengenuous PC line in Hollywood.

d3nie

Kirk is right!! He is not out of step with the general popluation. Who does GLAAD think agrees with them? They are the ones out of step and what's worse is that they just hammer on people who do not agree with them. It was still America last time I checked! Back off GLAAD, bunch of losers!

brandon

so i guess we cant have our own opinions nowadays ... **** u ***s

Management

I guess he won't be working much, cause hollywood movie makes & producers are nothing but a bunch of faqs & fudge shovers

Jo

'Putrid piece of sh*t?' Since when is it wrong in AMERICA to say what you believe?? His statements all began with "I think...." and you want to bash him for it? And don't dare put God in the middle of that, acceptance of the person does NOT mean acceptance of the lifestyle. Note that I am not posting my own personal beliefs, because that's not even the issue. If you are what you are and are proud of it, why bash someone simply because they do not believe the way you do!! Shame on GLAAD. If everyone believed the same, this would be a really boring world.

john

So if I stalked, bad mouthed, and tried to ruin a gay persons career I would go to jail for a hate crime....but if GLAAD does it then it is ok. Everyone has a right to thier opinion, it is your choice to agree or disagree. GLAAD has fought for acceptance of the gays but are hypocrits when it comes to acceptance of anyone else.

lilypad31

why is it GLAAD needs to have everyone in the world agree that somebody being gay is O.K?? Surprise! not everyone in the world agrees with it and GLAAD needs to accept that..there going to monitor his appearances?? lol ridiculous

Justacomment

Kirk is right! I agree that it is part of the downfall of society. Why is it that we have to have this Gay crap pushed down our throats?

Lisa

Leave the man alone. He is entitled to his opinion whether you agree with him or not. To try and begin a "campaign" against him for his views is just un-American. And God gave us free will, so let the good "Christians" of the world worry how their opinions affect the cosmos....

Mires

Who cares? In my opinion GLAAD are just as bad as Kirk is, in the fact that they think their opinion is the only right opinion. This is a free country and Kirk and GLAAD have the right to voice their opinion. I don't havt a problem with that, but when they do it disrespectfully, by going the extra mile to essentially harrass another American, or by trying to get legislation to pass laws that stomp on another person's individual rights, then I have a problem.

OBXMAR

You know what's REALLY detrimental to our society,Kirk? Religion. Please have that holier-than-thou 2 by 4 removed from your butt.

Becky

Spoken like a true homophobe. If anyone ever needed to come out of the closet, it's Kirk Cameron.

Previous 15 Comments | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments