Kirk Cameron

Blasted by GLAAD

Over Gay Marriage Comments

3/3/2012 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0303_Kirk-Cameron_glaad_ex
Kirk Cameron's comments to Piers Morgan on gay marriage are not sitting well with the folks at GLAAD ... who think the former "Growing Pains" star "sounds even more dated than his 1980s TV character."

Cameron said during last night's show that he does not support gay marriage, and when it comes to homosexuality in general ... he said, "I think that it's ... unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

Herndon Graddick, Senior Director of Programs at GLAAD, tells TMZ he feels Cameron, a Born Again Christian, is "out of step with a vast majority of Americans, particularly people of faith who believe that their gay and lesbian brothers and sisters should be loved and accepted based on their character and not condemned because of their sexual orientation."

A GLAAD spokesman says they plan on monitoring Cameron's media bookings and various acting gigs to ensure "the news and entertainment industry is aware of his outrageous anti-gay views."

Paula

Going on tv and showing your ignorance and stupidity only shows Kirk Cameron you are a stupid moron!!! Your obviously brainwashed by some christian church keep talking to the press Kirk!

FYI people with low IQs fall for brainwashing like this...
Get a HEART KIRK!!!! NO HUMANS have a right to judge.....all we should want is peaceful living......

Oh organized religion is gonna be the death of civilization!!!!

Ps...I believe in God.......and I believe he is laughing at our hatred and fighting...

Who's religion is right or wrong will end the world........it's called all wars

Paula

This just shows how much of a moron Kirk Cameron is....DUMB A**! Brainwashed by some crazy Christian church......

Grizelda

Kirk is right and glaad, as always is wrong. Being born queer is a birth defect, like spina bifida or mongoloid. The fact that they are born that way does not make it right, natural or appealing to straight people. Find a test for the homosexual gene, and then we could terminate them in the womb.

KC

Betty...Speaking truth is not preaching hate! Did you see the Oprah interview with Joel Osteen? Oprah asked him if being gay is a sin and he said yes!!!

KC

Kirk Cameron is speaking truth! His values are based on the Bible (God's Word). I understand that people who want to live a sinful lifestyle do not want to be told they are in sin but according to the Word of God, homosexuality is a sin! GLAAD needs to back off...let people speak what they believe...you don't control anyone! Kirk Cameron as well as anyone else can say what they want(First Amendment). I don't believe in condemning anyone for their lifestyle but Pierce Morgan asked him those questions and I am glad he was bold enough to speak truth!

j

I enjoyed his appearance and views. He actually answered all questions with no spin, unlike other so-called Christians who you can see "thinking about public opinion before answering" like Joel Olsteen and others who don't give biblical answers to morality questions.

Kirk was true to foundational biblical teachings.

If you disagree...then you are disagreeing with The True God of the Bible.

Just because society has different views based on todays accepted moraility...does not and will never make the lifestyle choices correct.

Kirk was absolutley correct.

I commend him telling the Truth.

Everyone will see someday.

Most are willingly blind to truth based on what is culturally popular to their own peril.

lalachanel5

i am in full support of gay marriage, but i feel everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and GLADD should be the main org to understand this....don't attack someone for giving their opinion no matter how closed minded they might be...

missy

just because he doesnt go along with the "norm" doesnt mean he is wrong. when you have a deep connection with God, He gives us the truth!. too bad glaad...just accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree with your lifestyle. its nasty!

Rogue Warrior

Keep on keeping it real Kirk!!!! Your my new favorite actor!

Angela

I agree with Kirk Cameron. He has a right to his opinion. His "anti-gay" remarks were not outrageous they were NORMAL. For those of us who believe in the words of the Bible, who believe being gay is not ok does not equal hatred towards gays. I love my friends who are gay, I love my family memebers who are gay, and I LOVE my lesbian mother. The Bible says (Lev 18:6-26). LOOK THIS UP. READ IT. THINK ABOUT IT. GLAAD is hurting their own damn cause.

Tee

Interesting how when God gave the rules(10 commandments) to Moses, "man shall not sleep with man" was not one of them.

cracker...

This is what I don't understand about America and our freedom of speech, and freedom of religion. We are all entitled to our opinions but yet if we don't go with the grain we should shut up. We should have religious tolerance, and give everyone the right to believe the way they want, yet we don't believe that Christians should be able to speak. In that interview Pierce was stating his opinion of how accepting he would be of a son who is gay. Do you see people protesting his show? Do you see THAT story posted on TMZ? No. Kirk wasn't judging, he was asked his opinion, and asked what he teaches his children. Yet when he told them what he believes and what he teaches his children everyone is outraged. So why is it that we have to respect those opinions who are gay, or the religious freedoms of say Muslims but yet if we are opposed to those views we are "a putrid piece of" crap. As a Christian we, for some reason, are not allowed to have an opinion or freedom of religious expression. Kirk didn’t say EVERYONE needs to follow in my teachings. He said this is my moral code; we all have a moral compass, and certain beliefs this just happens to be mine. Many stars promote gay marriages, and you do not see protest and major stories on TMZ about those people. So before you all condemn Kirk remember that you have your right to an opinion, just a Kirk does. If you don’t believe what he believes than agree to disagree. We are not all clones, we are different and that should be celebrated not condemned.

Simone56

GLAAD is just a bunch of bullies going around harassing people who don't agree with homosexuality. They are hypocrites to the highest degree. Um most of America IS NOT in favor of homosexuality and I am TIRED of people trying to force their beliefs down other people's throats. What's funny is that they accuse religion of doing the same thing... hypocrites.

ddb

Though I disagree with Kirk Cameron on the issue of homosexuality, I feel no ill will against him for voicing his opinion. The sensationalism of the press reporting on his comments does not match the manner in which he expressed himself. I saw no hatred at all, he expressed he doesn't agree. We are supposed to be a free to express ourselves in this country, I don't begrudge him that.

Cricket

He is entitled to his opinion. This is what makes America great people. We don't have to agree on everything. It's a free country, you can sound like an ******* if you want to. I understand what Kirk means, but I hate when people hide behind God. Bottom line: only God's judgement counts, everything else is just conversation.