'Growing Pains' Star

Kirk Cameron is DEAD WRONG

on Gay Rights

3/5/2012 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0305-tracey_kirk_BN_01
Tracey Gold is neither sharing the laughter nor the love with her former "Growing Pains" co-star Kirk Cameron after he blasted gay people on CNN.

Gold went to her Twitter page last night ... and posted, "I am a strong supporter of the #LGBT Community, and I believe in equal rights for all. #NOH8 #LOVE."

In fact, the image on Gold's Twitter page is a photo from the pro-gay rights NOH8 campaign.

As we previously reported, Kirk ignited a firestorm Friday night when he appeared on "Piers Morgan" and said, "I think [homosexuality is] ... unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

0305_growing_footer

RM

I wonder if Tracey still likes to drink and drive with her kids in the car? She's an example of one of the messed up child actors that Hollywood produces. She's allowed her opinion, though- just as Kirk is allowed his.

Joe

Kirk DID NOT ingnite a firestorm. The media did. Kirk voiced his opinion, and by the 700+ comments on TMZ, the MAJORITY of people agreed with him. Tracey is also entitled to her belief. BUT, just because one persons belief is different from anothers, it doesnt make it right or wrong. It just makes it different.

Denver

Ones who say Cameron has his right to his beliefs, convictions and prejudices, fine. If he wants to believe in an imaginary friend in big white robes that tells him how to think, great. Worked well for Jim Jones, Jerry Falwell, or my favorite when Oral Roberts wanted 8 million dollars or "God" would call him home. But I digress.

The PMG

He shared his opinion, whether you like it or not, shut the f*ck up and move on. If you're letting what a z-list actor says get under your skin, you need help.

St James III

I'ma need people to give me a break with the "gay people" thing. That's not a "people". That's just a descriptive term for the gender dynamic of certain relationships. Not a "people". That's why we have all this confusion now.....making "gay" out to be a type of person instead of the social pattern that it is.

Sean

Even if I don't agree with what you say...I will defend to the grave your right to say it. We live in a free country where you can say anything you want without fear of retribution. I think the biggest problem right now is the massive PC movement. I can say what I want and who gives a **** if you disagree or not...and no, I won't issue a public apology just because what I said upsets you.

Having said that...I agree with Kirk. It is unnatural. You absolutely cannot argue with that.

Mike44090

Who really cares what Kirk's opinion is? If he was running for President or congress it may matter but he is and he has a right to his opinion just like I do. I am for the LGBT community and I doubt my opinions matter to anyone except those me and those who know me and I'm sure it wont change anybody else's opinion on what they think.

LuvLeeRita

Team Kirk.

Horndog

Is he making a some sort of gesture with his hand?

rico

MIX CRAZY AND THE BIBLE AND YOU GET CAMERON AND HIS ILK.

SheBe

Sooooo..... Freedom of speech (your OPINION) now comes at a price? *Kanye shrug*

Marilyn

He was not blasting gay people. He just said he did not beleive in gay marriage. President Obama also has stated that he doesn't beleive in gay marriage in the last election. I don't see anyone going after him for it. It's too bad some people are afraid to say how they really feel in this day and age....

Grace

Homosexuality is unnatural but I accept that people do all kinds of weird things and have a right to do so. Just don't try to teach my children that homosexuality is normal because it is not. GLAAD is a bully organization.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

lesbos are great but when its 2 guys getting it on..now that is sick

honesty

Poor Kirk is only getting paid now by the "Left Behind" franchise. He has to say that or he will lose his paycheck. I checked his imdb, and it is so sad.