Donald Trump Jr.

Yes, I Killed Those Animals

... and I'm PROUD of It!

3/12/2012 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0312_donald_trump_BN_02
Donald Trump Jr. says he bears NO SHAME for slaughtering a bunch of exotic animals in Africa last year ... claiming all of his kills were used to feed local villagers.

TMZ broke the story ... DTJ is coming under fire for a series of pics which show him posing with his brother in front of several dead animals after a hunt last year -- even showing off a severed elephant tail.

Now, Trump Jr. is DEFENDING the hunt on Twitter ... writing, " I have no shame about [the pics]. I HUNT & EAT game ... I'm a hunter, for that I make no apologies."

He explained, "I can assure you it was not wasteful ... the villagers were so happy for the meat which they don't often get to eat. Very grateful."

"These are not endangered animals as an fyi."

As TMZ previously reported, Donald's sons -- Donald Jr. and Eric -- went on a hunting safari in Zimbabwe a year ago this month, and killed an elephant, crocodile, kudu, civet cat and waterbuck.

Walter

Is it illegal to kill those animals in Zimbabwe? If so, arrest them. If not,as far as the leaders of Zimbabwe are concerned, they've done nothing wrong.

Lisa

Oh how magnanimous Jr! Oh my, those poor Africans are SO lucky they have around to sport hunt so they can eat. I mean, it's SO charitable of you to provide them with elephant meat. I mean, it's not HIV ****tail, malaria pills, or cholera vaccine... but wow, they ate well for a few days, so you should really feel good about yourself. Whew. Thank the Lord in heaven that Jr is providing so well for the little African families.

kdat

Who eats a civet cat? Seriously.

dallas

Wow..didn't even think they would actually get their hands dirty!! Poor animals.

margo schwab

disgusting...

Ishcabibble

Spin it all you want spin doctor. Posing so proud after cutting off the tail of a majestic elephant. He is barbaric and killing these poor animals and taking their heads and tails simply to mount as trophies makes him an absolute lowlife. I really hope that when his day comes, it is as painful of a demise as he placed upon these poor animals.

yomama

i have no problem with hunting... my husband went on an african hunt last year and took a kudu, springbok, and a couple other things. And it IS true that the meat goes to the villagers. But an ELEPHANT??????????? how are they NOT endangered?

honesty

I have no problem with hunting over populated deer and eating the meat, but when it comes to killing endangers species because you are rich enough to get a permit, makes me sick. Still it is legal.On the other hand, when those looney PETA people start stalking him, all the bodyguards in the world will not save him from those blood throwing crackpots. They will hunt him.

JEWremy LIN

Instead of killing animals in Africa go hunt for Kony...... youtube DJ KONY

Arcadia Rink

Poaching significantly reduced the population of Loxodonta in certain regions during the 20th century. In the ten years preceding an international ban in the trade in ivory in 1990 the African elephant population was more than halved from 1.3 million to around 600,000.[29][30] An example of how the ivory trade causes poaching pressure is in the eastern region of Chad—elephant herds where as recently as 1970 there was an estimated population of 400,000; however, by 2006 the number had dwindled to about 10,000. The African elephant nominally has governmental protection, but poaching for the ivory trade can devastate populations.[31] Kenya was one of the worst affected countries with populations declining by as much as 85 percent between 1973 and 1989.[11]

Alex

What a complete wanker

Russell Richards

I didn't know that the country was over-run with elephants as to kill one !

Carl

That is the same BS line that the GoDaddy guy used. I'm guessing that the hunting company tells them the villagers thing. Most of those animals were not traditional animals being eaten by villagers and there are MANY, MANY better ways to help out villagers than by killing trophy animals.

nisiek

that is what he says, he is a Trump you can't believe a word coming out of their mouths. My father hunted when we lived in Africa in the 1960...'s, and I never thought about it until recently, back then there were no endangered species, what bothers me the most is the elephants. They are so majestic, and btw most villages out there have access to food now...this is not the dark ages even for Africa, most villages do get food.

M

Disgusting, self-righteous jerk, just like "daddy."